ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit

Connor Weigman absolutely sucked. Obviously our defense had something do with that, a lot to do with it. But the idea that this plodding, thus-far underachieving, very likely to be yet another five star bust/disappointment QB was all set to shred ND apart and take his place in the pantheon of great QBs of the last thirty years, but our defense was such a towering colossus that we made him look like a shitty walk-on instead, is not accurate. It's in the same vein as the whole Anthonie Knapp is an OL of destiny thing that preceded the game.

Knapp got the nod by force of unfortunate circumstance, which happens sometimes and teams have to start a true frosh for lack of a preferred alternative and it is what it is, and it worked out tolerably enough and we got the win. And Connor Weigman just plain sucks, even though of course the defense was all over him, and shut him down, and he played like shit. Both with excellent individual play, and presumably good tactical scheming to throw him off his rhythm and whatnot. But he definitely did suck all on his own to the point where it was almost annoying, and insulting. As if to say, god damn dude, you suck. How many times are you going to miss your WRs that are being well defended, but not that well defended, and make some shitty lame throw that lands at their feet, or sails ten feet over their head?

But whatever, we got the win. And we'll be 11-0 heading into the big USC game, and maybe USC will still be nursing playoff possibilities of their own, as their defense looks much improved...
You write like Jack Kerouac and I enjoy your posts. But assuming 10 straight wins against some teams that could turn out to be pretty good (I worry about Louisville and GT) means this team has come a long way. Winning on road at SEC is huge in itself, but we have the kind of momentum now that all of BK's twerking and accents could not achieve. He was an excellent coach for us, and that should not be denied. But MF really is relatable, and decent, and talented (although watching him learn on the job was sometimes painful). And now we have Shane Gillis (we need to get him to a game) and Pat Macafee and Herbie and his dog on our side. Can youuu smeelll what the Coach is cookin!!

Oh that's not true. Our running backs are better and our QB is a running threat while there's is not. Also our secondary is better than theirs

Their OL gave up 3 tackles for loss. Ours gave up 7

If you switched OLs before the game, ND wins by more with TX Ams OL. Our final numbers just look better because we have the better players on offense and a running QB but if you watched or rewatched the game, their OL was better
If you’re going to point to NDs offensive talent then you better point out that TAMU’s DL is much better than ours and Top 5 in the country.

You write like Jack Kerouac and I enjoy your posts. But assuming 10 straight wins against some teams that could turn out to be pretty good (I worry about Louisville and GT) means this team has come a long way. Winning on road at SEC is huge in itself, but we have the kind of momentum now that all of BK's twerking and accents could not achieve. He was an excellent coach for us, and that should not be denied. But MF really is relatable, and decent, and talented (although watching him learn on the job was sometimes painful). And now we have Shane Gillis (we need to get him to a game) and Pat Macafee and Herbie and his dog on our side. Can youuu smeelll what the Coach is cookin!!
bk is NOT an excellent coach, hes above average. Hes not called "big game brian" for nothing

Reactions: NIN Irish
MF rocks, you couldn't find a better fit for ND than him. In retrospect I'm sure that's why they felt they absolutely had to hire this guy. Totally worth taking the chance. I don't mean if he can coach good or not, that's almost beside the point. But as far as being a so-called character fit at a fussy place like ND, I don't think they come much more perfect than MF. And by all appearances he's totally delivering as a coach. And we're making the playoff with ease, and hopefully we go undefeated. If we're the #5 seed we could easily win the first two and get into the semis....

Reactions: melstew
bk is NOT an excellent coach, hes above average. Hes not called "big game brian" for nothing
I think BK is a very good football coach. His track record puts him in the top 15 people in the known universe at building and sustaining a college football program again and again. I do not like the guy, I hope he fails at LSU, I think he is a weasel, but he is a very good coach. He may or may not be excellent (I would say "just shy of excellent" but it's quibbling). However he dragged our asses out of the dark ages--so IMHO that was excellent for us.

Wonder how many were a result of the receivers running the wrong routes. Saw at least 4 that looked like the receiver went another option
Are we running timing routes now? RL should have seen that and thrown a dart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT