ADVERTISEMENT

Hannah Hidalgo - The Next One!!!!!!!

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

We have a Superstar in the making in this young lady - Hannah Hidalgo. I have been watching the FIBA - U-19 Womens tournament and the United States team would not have won without Hannah. She is a stat sheet stuffer - for sure! I watched each of the games and the teams' mentality changed relative to confidence when she came into the game. She hit key shots, especially when things could have gone the other way in the finals, steals - assist and rebounds. She is five feet - six inches tall. She is just amazing.

In the semifinals she scored 16 points and 13 assists. Her passes were Magic Johnson like. I can only say, if you have not seen the semifinals against France and the finals against Spain. She was named one of the top 5 players in the tournament - well deserved. The United States won the Gold Medal. If you have not watched the tournament, I would highly recommend that you check it out. It can be seen on YouTube.

Cassandre Prosper participated in the tournament for Canada. She averaged 16 points and around 7 rebounds. Canada was the Bronze Medal winners, but Cassandre did not play due to a shoulder injury in the semifinal against Spain. My hope is that the injury is not a serious one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT