ADVERTISEMENT

Greer Martini

I think Greer Martini is going to be a very good linebacker for us and will play even more with Tevon Coney most likely sidelined for the near future.
Greer looked good last year as a frosh.
needed help on pass plays hope he improved guy plays hard

There's a lot of young talent at LB ...

It's the loss of Redfield that really stings. We lost a major contributor and any safety depth and will be relying HEAVILY on a 1st year player there with no rotation.

Martini has great instincts for the game. Gets to the ball carrier in traffic and makes good stops. Not the fastest or best in drop coverage, but instincts and fundamentals compensate. I think we'll see a lot of Martini regardless of what transpires with Coney, but Coney's absence will probably increase both his and Bilal's playing time.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I think martini has a breakout year. Like an earlier posted said, he's got good instincts. I think he was lost at times learning the defense but now that he knows it, his nose for the ball will start to pay off. Stay healthy Greer!

I have said many times in the past and I will say it again that James Onawalu should be moved as a back up to Redfields position in case we need help there. He can play LB too. I think he is a versatile player remembering that he is a converted WR.

It's the loss of Redfield that really stings. We lost a major contributor and any safety depth and will be relying HEAVILY on a 1st year player there with no rotation.
Redfield....addition by subtraction.

Reactions: echowaker
I have said many times in the past and I will say it again that James Onawalu should be moved as a back up to Redfields position in case we need help there. He can play LB too. I think he is a versatile player remembering that he is a converted WR.
I wonder if JO hasn't put on too much weight to play back at FS but not a bad idea.

Onwualu is a 237'ish pound linebacker now. He has nowhere near the speed or range anymore to play FS. Matthias Farley was slow footed at 220lbs and he was a faster athlete out of high school than James... Simply not a good option at FS.

Unfortunately, this is a young group. The best options are going to be Studstill, Jalen Elliot, and potentially Donte Vaughn. I think Nick Watkins could plays FS as well. He's a good sized corner... Unfortunately, he probably won't be back for a while.

CB: Cole Luke
FS: Nick Watkins
SS: Drue Tranquill
CB: Shaun Crawford

CB: Nick Coleman
FS: Devin Studstill
SS: Averty Sebastien
CB: Donte Vaughn

Realistically, that may be your best 2-deep without Max.

Reactions: BGI User 1596

You mean Mr. Refuse to wrap up for a tackle Max?
Trust me when I tell you this one is a blessing in disguise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT