ADVERTISEMENT

Great Season Boys!

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
Shitty way to go out, but absolutely no reason to hang your heads over 12-1. The talent gap has indeed closed. ND can make plays on teams of this caliber and can hang around when they make plays. The lack of elite players that make big time plays is still a problem, but how many teams got to play in a playoff game today!?

Go Irish! Can't wait for 2019 to see if ND can keep closing the gap!

9-3 and all shit went sideways. Once again the talent gap isn’t the entire difference here today. May be time for Kelly to move on willingly

Reactions: Leahylads
IIO, thank you, you are probably the most objective guys, and smarter football IQ guys on the board. Again your assessment is a good one for us to end this shitty night on (that and that you are not gloating about what an elite an is :) )

The premium site is depressing tonight, so thanks again for your post...let’s hope Love comes back for 2019!

Talent gap has closed? 30-3 is not closing the gap?

They couldn't move the ball or get off the field against Alabama. They were competitive for a half tonight, outside of a couple breaks. The score won't reflect it because ND can't finish a drive, but they're better than they were in 2012.

9-3 and all shit went sideways. Once again the talent gap isn’t the entire difference here today. May be time for Kelly to move on willingly
It's not the coaches fault. We made 1000 mistakes against a better team.. ND simply cannot compete at the elite level. Our talent is good, but no where near the elite teams. So we are embarrassed again.

They couldn't move the ball or get off the field against Alabama. They were competitive for a half tonight, outside of a couple breaks. The score won't reflect it because ND can't finish a drive, but they're better than they were in 2012.
Which half was competitive, I must have have missed it.

What game were you watching? Competitive for a half? Down by 20 at half is not competitive. It’s not the talent, look back at the rankings for the recruiting classes for each team the last 5 years. They are extremely similar in talent.
Coaching and development. Kelly is good enough to get ND to the dance, but he’s not the one to get ND over the hump. This is his 2nd crack at it in 6 years and we are looking at the same result. Zero improvement over 2012.

Shitty way to go out, but absolutely no reason to hang your heads over 12-1. The talent gap has indeed closed. ND can make plays on teams of this caliber and can hang around when they make plays. The lack of elite players that make big time plays is still a problem, but how many teams got to play in a playoff game today!?

I disagree.... this performance shows the lack of preparation and focus. They don’t deserve to represent Nd tonight.

lol did you mean competitive for a quarter ?

ND had more talent in 2012 .. and they were playing a much better team in Alabama.

I see no progress from the USC blowouts back during the Weis years, to the BCS blowouts during the Weis years, to the 2012 blowout vs Alabama, to the 2015 blowout vs OSU, to the 2018 blowout vs Clemson

ND is no closer to competing with the top 3-5 elite programs today then they were 15 years ago when Weis was coaching BCS games. I'm just looking forward to a ND game vs an elite program where the other team has to keep their starters in the game for the full 4 quarters.

lol did you mean competitive for a quarter ?

ND had more talent in 2012 .. and they were playing a much better team in Alabama.

I see no progress from the USC blowouts back during the Weis years, to the BCS blowouts during the Weis years, to the 2012 blowout vs Alabama, to the 2015 blowout vs OSU, to the 2018 blowout vs Clemson

ND is no closer to competing with the top 3-5 elite programs today then they were 15 years ago when Weis was coaching BCS games. I'm just looking forward to a ND game vs an elite program where the other team has to keep their starters in the game for the full 4 quarters.

ND does have more talent. They don't have more talent where it matters in today's passing game... Book, Finke, Boykin and Claypool don't scare anyone. That was the biggest difference tonight. Clemson can shred you. ND's passer and WRs wouldn't sniff the field for Clemson.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
Guys, guys. I am shocked at the level of "eating your own" over here.

Your boys had a great season. Celebrate them. They deserve it.

You simply ran into a better, more complete, more talented team. It happens. Happened to us last year in the Playoff, and may well happen again this year.

Don't let one loss ruin what was a great season for you. Congratulations on the season.

If only Notre Shame played real teams during the regular season they wouldn't take a spot in the playoff from a deserving team. Anyone that watched college football knows that the Shame are a fraud!

I don't understand why people are losing their minds about 12-1 and losing to a team of 1st-3rd round picks.

ND's kids are awesome. They managed to go 12-0, while going to school and doing things the right way, in an era where they can't get the kids the elite kids the big State schools get.

ND made the playoffs, while handicapping itself in who they can recruit and how much they're willing to pay their coaching staff. Emotion aside, it was an awesome season for any anyone who understands where ND's ceiling is at right now.

You simply ran into a better, more complete, more talented team. It happens. Happened to us last year in the Playoff, and may well happen again this year.

Don't let one loss ruin what was a great season for you. Congratulations on the season.
It's typical of Notre Shame fans! They feel because they beat up on high school teams through out the year that they deserve to win it all!

If only Notre Shame played real teams during the regular season they wouldn't take a spot in the playoff from a deserving team. Anyone that watched college football knows that the Shame are a fraud!
Holy Shit. A Cornhusker is taunting us. One of the few that can write.

He must have got elected by the illiterates. Hey Zeek, you can spell can't you? How about you go on the Interweb and taunt those Irish folk

ND does have more talent. They don't have more talent where it matters in today's passing game... Book, Finke, Boykin and Claypool don't scare anyone. That was the biggest difference tonight. Clemson can shred you. ND's passer and WRs wouldn't sniff the field for Clemson.

Maybe we are watching a different defense out there ? Clemson's offense ate them alive.

I don't understand why people are losing their minds about 12-1 and losing to a team of 1st-3rd round picks.

ND's kids are awesome. They managed to go 12-0, while going to school and doing things the right way, in an era where they can't get the kids the elite kids the big State schools get.

ND made the playoffs, while handicapping itself in who they can recruit and how much they're willing to pay their coaching staff. Emotion aside, it was an awesome season for any anyone who understands where ND's ceiling is at right now.
Trying to soften your stance?

Reactions: Pennick4
Maybe we are watching a different defense out there ? Clemson's offense ate them alive.

Alabama scored 30 in the first half in 2012. Clemson scored 30 points on the night... Huge difference.

Thoughts on your guy Book against a real defense?

Yes this game got away from ND, and Clemson is the more talented team, especially at the skill positions, but ND is a good football team that is going to get better. You will see them battling for a position next year in the playoffs, that is for certain.

It's typical of Notre Shame fans! They feel because they beat up on high school teams through out the year that they deserve to win it all!

Did you actually look at Nebraska’s schedule ?

Akron, Colorado, Troy, Bethune-Cookman, Illinois

And what was Nebraska’s record against weak competition ? 4-8

4-8 ? 4-8 ? And you’re critical of a team that went 12-0 ?

Must be the result of a Husker education !

Last edited:
Not at all. I'm being consistent. ND is better.. They're still not where the top teams are. They don't have a bunch of future 1st rounders like Clemson does.

I don't know how you can ascertain after this complete ass beating ND just took that they are any better.

Alabama was a much better team in 2012 than this clemson team is .. ND competed for 1 quarter before all hell broke loose. The game was over by halftime.

The defense was out talented across the board, the offense was worse. I see no progress.

I don't know how you can ascertain after this complete ass beating ND just took that they are any better.

Alabama was a much better team in 2012 than this clemson team is .. ND competed for 1 quarter before all hell broke loose. The game was over by halftime.

The defense was out talented across the board, the offense was worse. I see no progress.

Thought that first half goes a little different without the flukey tipped TD that Vaughn played really well and had Julian Love been in the game... ND doesn't have the depth of talent to absorb the loss of a 1st team All American like Clemson or Alabama does... Same thing happened in 2015 against Ohio State when Jaylon got hurt early in the game... Like it or not, ND is overmatched to start with and they can't absorb those type of injuries.

I’m also shocked, but I sense that those turning against their own are just fair weather fans, not true fans.

What most don’t realize is how difficult it is to win a football game, and how exponentially difficult it is to win all of your football games.

Going 12-0 is phenomenal and reason to celebrate.

Clemson played a more complete game tonight, hats off to them and good luck to them.

P.S. I had to watch the game wth my daughter’s boyfriend, a South Carolinian and a diehard Clemson fan. And, my son’s two good friends go to Clemson, so I got it in person and via texts and emails

Reactions: Clem'sSon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT