ADVERTISEMENT

GOAL!!!!

They couldn't let the Lady Irish upstage them, now could they? What a game!
The Irish play for the National Championship Saturday night.
BTW, the winning goal actually went through the legs of the defenseman and the goaltender, so I guess it was scored through the 10 hole!;)

congrats to the team on beating the wolverines. didn't get to see it all as I had to go to bed after the 1st period due to getting up for work this morning. hate these 9 pm or later starts

Last edited:
congrats to the team on beating the wolverines. didn't get to see it all as I had to go to bed after the 1st period due to getting up for work this morning. the these 9 pm or later starts

Yeah, I'm getting too old for these midnight finishes. Had to DVR it and watch it this morning.

Let's hope they can take a page out of the women's basketball team's book and have enough in the tank to beat a team that finished second last year and has its own eyes on the prize.

congrats to the team on beating the wolverines. didn't get to see it all as I had to go to bed after the 1st period due to getting up for work this morning. the these 9 pm or later starts
The game actually started at 9:45! That's way too late for most people! Young school age kids and working people can't watch live and that's a shame. I'm a retired part time worker but luckily I don't choose to work on Friday. I stayed up until the end.
TV networks are touting 9 and 10 o'clock starts as "prime time." Well it ain't prime for a lot of us. Any other night and I would have been in bed at 10PM. I am thankful to have a DVR though, but it's not the same as seeing games live.

Reactions: Kelso86
Final is in St. Paul. That really blows. It will be a mostly Minn home crowd. I think we are favored though. Hope we can do it.

It was weird watching the Big Ten channel this morning and the hosts were talking about NDs chances to bring home a title for the Big Ten conference. And speaking of Minn Duluth. Going to the Port of Duluth and watching the huge freighters come in is definitely on my bucket list.

It was weird watching the Big Ten channel this morning and the hosts were talking about NDs chances to bring home a title for the Big Ten conference. And speaking of Minn Duluth. Going to the Port of Duluth and watching the huge freighters come in is definitely on my bucket list.

I don't think a whole lot of ships come into that port anymore. I grew up in Wisconsin, and my mom's family was from Calumet in the UP. (George Gipp was from a neighboring village.) When I was a kid back in the '60s, we'd go up there in the summer time and visit towns like Ashland, Superior and Duluth, which had a lot of ore carriers coming and going. I know they tore down the big ore dock in Ashland, but I don't know about the other places. They were all hit hard by the changing economy.

I'm no expert at this but looking at the Duluth shipping schedule for the next week, it looks like they have six arrivals in the next five days. Have no idea if that is good or not. It would be great watching one of those thousand footers inching their way under the lift bridge on their way to the port. Maybe someday.

I'm no expert at this but looking at the Duluth shipping schedule for the next week, it looks like they have six arrivals in the next five days. Have no idea if that is good or not. It would be great watching one of those thousand footers inching their way under the lift bridge on their way to the port. Maybe someday.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear it is still that busy. I do know when I was last up there about a 15 years ago, the general area was a shell of its former self. I wonder if it was just Ashland that was affected and it all got concentrated in Duluth Superior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT