ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Four-star DB Ivan Taylor wants to return to Notre Dame following camp offer

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
As we mentioned before he received his offer, 2025 defensive back Ivan Taylor really impressed at today's Irish Invasion camp.

Notre Dame's coaching staff agreed, so head coach Marcus Freeman offered Taylor a scholarship in his office.

“It put a smile on my face," Taylor said.

Taylor, the son of former Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns and Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, decided to attend the Irish Invasion after defensive coordinator Al Golden repeatedly invited him to participate.

Even though Ivan Taylor received an offer following his performance, he was tough on himself.

“I think I performed OK," he said. "I always think I should get better at things. I did good in man [coverage], but I was too quick off the line. I should be a little bit more patient off the line and not as quick."

Taylor received a lot of coaching from safeties coach Chris O'Leary, because the Irish like him as a potential safety.

“He was helping me a lot with the tackling circuit and the one-on-ones with what I should do," Taylor said. "He was a big help.”

Most schools are recruiting Taylor as a cornerback. Rivals ranks him as the No. 15 cornerback and No. 227 overall as a four-star recruit in the 2025 class. But Taylor isn't against playing safety.

“In my personal opinion, I feel like I can play anywhere you want me to play," Taylor said. "So it doesn’t matter to me.”

Taylor isn't sure what's next for him in terms of visits this month. Notre Dame certainly left a strong impression.

“It’s a beautiful campus," he said. "It’s a great place. I look forward to coming back up.”

Updated with story link:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News