ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck......

BK is constantly accused of being a dick and selfish. Kill being critical of Minnesota and/or Fleck is not surprising. As far as Fleck being .500 at Minnesota... man young coaches need to be way more careful about what jobs they take. I think that is what was so impressive about Kirby Smart.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-jerry-kill-criticizes-current-coach-pj-fleck

Remember how certain posters were adamant in firing BK and hiring Fleck (Row the Boat guy)?.....

BK is reigning HCOY and Fleck is .500 at Minnesota and accused of being selfish.

The real reason as to why Coach Kill is killing PJ is becuase of what he did. He forced out coach Caleys, I believe his name is. They were all part of the same coaching tree. What he did was a snake move especially when coach Kill gave PJ his stamp of approval at his previous gig.

The real reason as to why Coach Kill is killing PJ is becuase of what he did. He forced out coach Caleys, I believe his name is. They were all part of the same coaching tree. What he did was a snake move especially when coach Kill gave PJ his stamp of approval at his previous gig.

LOL... source?

Read between the lines dude. It's a known no no in coaching to replace a hand pick successor especially when you're from the same coaching tree. Hence the term "selfish."

If PJ had back to back 10 and 2 seasons no way Kill would say what he said. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on but he's struggling so you've been upset with him now you say this.

Read between the lines dude. It's a known no no in coaching to replace a hand pick successor especially when you're from the same coaching tree. Hence the term "selfish."

If PJ had back to back 10 and 2 seasons no way Kill would say what he said. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on but he's struggling so you've been upset with him now you say this.
Claeys was fired because of a sexual assault scandal and his support for a short-lived team threat to boycott the 2016 Holiday Bowl after 10 players were suspended in connection to that assault. That was a very bad look for a head coach and a huge public relations problem for the university. Whether you like Fleck or not, he was obligated to distance himself from the previous regime because the university needed to show they were going to establish a new culture. If you think Fleck needed to prioritize loyalty to Kill over his desire to coach at a Power 5 school, I think you are wrong.

Here is an article that puts Kill's comments in a more suspect perspective - https://www.thedailygopher.com/2019...kill-cant-believe-pj-fleck-fired-tracy-claeys

Kill hates Minnesota and has hated Minnesota since Claeys was fired. Maybe Fleck should not have taken the job but if Claeys doesn't say he supports his players in boycotting the Holiday bowl after the title IX suspensions then he isn't fired. Fleck didn't force Claeys out.

BK is constantly accused of being a dick and selfish. Kill being critical of Minnesota and/or Fleck is not surprising. As far as Fleck being .500 at Minnesota... man young coaches need to be way more careful about what jobs they take. I think that is what was so impressive about Kirby Smart.
Minnesota is not equal to Georgia
Show me a coach that had decided Minnesota the way kill left it vs Georgia the way Mark Richt left it and I'll show you a broadcaster for life

Kill hates Minnesota and has hated Minnesota since Claeys was fired. Maybe Fleck should not have taken the job but if Claeys doesn't say he supports his players in boycotting the Holiday bowl after the title IX suspensions then he isn't fired. Fleck didn't force Claeys out.

He didn't force him out but I still think he should've thought twice about taking the job. I get it's a power 5 conference Job but still, you lose that job you risk the use of your contacts bc you've burned those bridges. Head Coaching is fraternity in that aspect.

He didn't force him out but I still think he should've thought twice about taking the job. I get it's a power 5 conference Job but still, you lose that job you risk the use of your contacts bc you've burned those bridges. Head Coaching is fraternity in that aspect.

Didn't kill voluntarily leave because if consistent health issues though

Fleck is really energetic, knows every loss leaves you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT