ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck head coach with Strong as D coach

here in Jersey, Schiano was not w/o his problems and critics. And his NFL gig was not something to encourage.

And what bowls has Fleck won?
Are we hiring guys at ND that have only won big bowl games? If that's the case Kelly is out now. He has never in all his years of coaching won a major bowl. What bowl has Fleck won? Ask me that question after the cotton bowl.

Are we hiring guys at ND that have only won big bowl games? If that's the case Kelly is out now. He has never in all his years of coaching won a major bowl. What bowl has Fleck won? Ask me that question after the cotton bowl.
True and look at where we are at now. So maybe a major bowl win would be beneficial.

Anyone who thinks Charlie Strong is going to go from Texas HC, and before that Sugar Bowl winning HC, to a DC anywhere does not understand the man's arrogance. It took him forever to get a head coach job not because ADs were racist, but because he thought he was too good to be HC anywhere other than a higher caliber SEC program. I know for certain that NCSU was very interested in him when it hired Tom O'Brien. But Strong felt himself too good to go to an ACC school not named Florida State or Clemson or Miami. He expected to start very close to the top in terms of football HC hierarchy, and he assumed only racism explained the fact that he found it impossible to start where his ego said he belonged.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Fleck head coach with Strong as D coach
Dream team!!!

Fleck's going to hire Strong at WMU?? I don't think so.
Maybe Kelly will hire Strong for D Coach at ND for the 2017 season...that would be a Dream team!!! Kelly's offense and Strong's defense....sweet!!

Last edited:
Fleck was the WR coach on Schiano Rutgers staff and was brought along at Tampa. I didn't see him doing much with the WR even thought everyone was high on him.

Schiano might be good for you and he did have 2 9 wins season in his last 3 years. Schiano always has a great defensive team but he never had a great or above average QB or OL. His defense won a lot of games. New England defense has 4 Rutgers player/3 starters. I think his offense would do fine with the offensive players you recruit at ND. Schiano did a lot with the players he could recruit.

Strong is not going to coach for the next two years. He is getting 10 million if he does not take another job. I am sure he is going to be doing what Lou did after he got out of coaching.

Fleck's going to hire Strong at WMU?? I don't think so.
Maybe Kelly will hire Strong for D Coach at ND for the 2017 season...that would be a Dream team!!! Kelly's offense and Strong's defense....sweet!!
Please help. Is this meant to be factious? The Texas defense was as bad or worse than ND the past couple of seasons.

Let's see your thoughts at this time in 2019.

To be fair any HC needs 3 years to get his guys and build his culture.

Fleck didn't inherit an empty nest so I won't give him 4 years but if they're still foundering in Year 3 the natives will be restless.

Fleck inherited a winning team from Jerry Kill.
Kill should still be there.

Fleck is coaching in the weak side of the Big 10 & losing to bad teams Minn beat last year.

His shine has quickly worn off.
And no way ND gets near this guy with his off-field issues.

Case closed.

He got divorced from a women that said she didn't marry a football coach. She did not want to live the coaches wife life.

He got divorced from a women that said she didn't marry a football coach. She did not want to live the coaches wife life.

No.
He cheated on his first wife, then left her & their young son & was remarried within 2 months of the divorce with his mistress.

Once again, had young son to take care of but was out fooling around instead.

3136884.jpg

And here is his mistress he married 2 months after leaving his wife & kid:

cxlew5bumaabak2.jpg

When people were saying off the field issues i thought we were taking about something important and relevant to his coaching

This whole thread is complete BS. BK has the reins on ND football.

Only at ND can a HC have to suffer through the hot seat enroute to playing for a national championship. The losers looking for ND's next head coach will have to wait years.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Your complaining about a thread that was started over the summer
Why do people keep bringing up these old threads? Everyone wanted BK's head last year - me included.

Even the podcast on the Home page sounded like it was done last year (four game ND losing streak, etc.). Not the time for Bizzaro World.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT