ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Filed five new Rivals FutureCast predictions this week

KyleKellyND

Recruiting Reporter
Staff
Mar 4, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
kylemichaelkelly.wixsite.com
Over the last four days, I have filed five Rivals FutureCast predictions — three in favor of the Irish. Here is where I am predicting several top recruits to end up.

On Wednesday, Limar set a commitment date for May 26. The four-star running back is set to choose between Arizona, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oregon. I have felt great about ND's chances for Limar after his trip to South Bend for the Blue-Gold Game the weekend of April 23. Now that he has set a commitment date, my gut feeling tells me he picks the Irish in about two weeks.

While Notre Dame offered Rogers, he announced a top five of Clemson, Florida State, North Carolina, North Carolina State and Ohio State a few days ago. In his top five graphic, a yellow strip (in the middle left) says "May 20." I have heard Rogers is closing in on a decision and like the momentum in favor of Ohio State. North Carolina State Is not out of this one just yet, but I like the Buckeyes as the favorite.

This pick certainly has the potential to burn me, but I have seen Tate express too much interest in Tennessee not to predict the Volunteers. Tate was back in Knoxville today; he officially visited the weekend of April 8. I have always thought it would be Ohio State for Tate (since he visited campus about five times), but my belief is when there is smoke, there's fire. The Buckeyes feel like they are still in a great spot for Tate — and I may eventually change it to OSU — but I am going with UT at this time.

Moore dropped a top five that included Maryland, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State last night. In his conversation with Adam Friedman, Moore said Notre Dame director of recruiting Chad Bowden was one of his favorite coaches. Next month, Moore will officially visit Notre Dame from June 10-12. Things could certainly change as he sees schools on official visits, but I feel good enough about ND's momentum here to predict him to be Irish.

I have wrestled with putting in a Rivals FutureCast prediction with a 2024 target this early in the process, but I feel too good about Notre Dame's chances not to land Wafle. After his late March visit to ND, I spoke to Owen and his dad (who played defensive tackle at Duke), and they raved about their time in South Bend. Now, I see the Irish as the team to beat at this point in the process.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News