ADVERTISEMENT

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably is a duck

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
The narrative around this football program is why the AP Poll/traditional ranking systems are so limited: Had NIU missed that game winning field goal and ND held on and won that game instead, ND would be ranked in the top 10 in the AP still at 2-0 and the narrative around the football program would be a lot more optimistic than it is now.

But does a missed fieldgoal really mean all that much when trying to objectively evaluate your football program overall?

This is why I feel like the peripherals (the under the hood data used in in the F+ formula) is more valuable than ever in scenarios like this where there's drastic change in narrative based on the results of a single event in a game.

My guess is F+ will have ND ranked somewhere in the 15-20th range after their performance vs NIU and then eventually ND will work their way back up the F+ rankings before maxing out somewhere around 10th (but only if everything goes perfectly the rest of the way) and this highlights a major organizational problem

ND --VERY PREDICTABLY-- recruits 10-15th ranked talent, puts together a 10 to 15th ranked 85 man roster, produces 10-15th ranked seasons, and is on a 10-15th ranked trajectory/projection (If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it probably is a duck)

Last edited:
Reactions: notredame79
Lol, only 15 hours …

F+ had the game as a blowout…

BTW, how did Colorado do? I saw the Sanders boys left the game early…too much for them to hang with their teammates on the field…

Lol, only 15 hours …

F+ had the game as a blowout…

BTW, how did Colorado do? I saw the Sanders boys left the game early…too much for them to hang with their teammates on the field…
Colorado is selling out all their games they have celebrities on the sideline every week they have Hall of famers on their coaching staff they're climbing the talent rankings, their local economy is doing greater than ever, and everybody is talking about their football team and deion Sanders is probably making more money in marketing today than he has in his lifetime 🤣😭😂 Colorado and Coach prime is doing just fine

Reactions: Quix0te
Colorado is selling out all their games they have celebrities on the sideline every week they have Hall of famers on their coaching staff they're climbing the talent rankings, their local economy is doing greater than ever, and everybody is talking about their football team and deion Sanders is probably making more money in marketing today than he has in his lifetime 🤣😭😂 Colorado and Coach prime is doing just fine
And this says all you need to know about chase his balls

sure for the woke jokes that care about bling and nothing else sure
which clearly is where you are at
No I'm talking about wins and brand exposure and money that Colorado wasn't getting prior to hiring Coach Prime.

The narrative around this football program is why the AP Poll/traditional ranking systems are so limited: Had NIU missed that game winning field goal and ND held on and won that game instead, ND would be ranked in the top 10 in the AP still at 2-0 and the narrative around the football program would be a lot more optimistic than it is now.

But does a missed fieldgoal really mean all that much when trying to objectively evaluate your football program overall?

This is why I feel like the peripherals (the under the hood data used in in the F+ formula) is more valuable than ever in scenarios like this where there's drastic change in narrative based on the results of a single event in a game.

My guess is F+ will have ND ranked somewhere in the 15-20th range after their performance vs NIU and then eventually ND will work their way back up the F+ rankings before maxing out somewhere around 10th (but only if everything goes perfectly the rest of the way) and this highlights a major organizational problem

ND --VERY PREDICTABLY-- recruits 10-15th ranked talent, puts together a 10 to 15th ranked 85 man roster, produces 10-15th ranked seasons, and is on a 10-15th ranked trajectory/projection..

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck
And if it has the brain of a duck ……… it’s probably you !

ND --VERY PREDICTABLY-- recruits 10-15th ranked talent, puts together a 10 to 15th ranked 85 man roster, produces 10-15th ranked seasons, and is on a 10-15th ranked trajectory/projection (if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck)
We are all dumber for reading this. Chase may God have mercy on your soul.

Another thought of mine. Why is 10-15th results acceptable? (its been the consistent result for decades now). ND promotes a top 5 product (a championship product), but are they top 5 in any of the components of a college football program that matter? (NIL, recruiting, talent, coaching staff, facilities, etc.?) And if not, why not? And who is being held accountable?

Bahaha, how the narrative changes…

Oh…wait…it’s about money? So F+ doesn’t count? And losing to Nebraska?

Lol, I do enjoy exposing you repeatedly and then watching you use your other handles to come to your rescue. So money and recognition? Then why do you 💩 on ND? They make plenty of money. They get highest ratings. They have celebs all over. The SB economy absolutely kills it on football weekends …

In case you missed it, all those HOF coaches aren’t improving the team. All 3 Sanders are leaving this year …

Reactions: NDinNJ
No I'm talking about wins and brand exposure and money that Colorado wasn't getting prior to hiring Coach Prime.
And all that recruiting prowess which resulted in being ranked 72nd in recruiting ..

lol, all that exposure = car wreck

Another thought of mine. Why is 10-15th results acceptable? (its been the consistent result for decades now). ND promotes a top 5 product (a championship product), but are they top 5 in any of the components of a college football program that matter? (NIL, recruiting, talent, coaching staff, facilities, etc.?) And if not, why not? And who is being held accountable?
Cmon Chass, hold them accountable! Endow the HC position!!!!

Colorado football Blows and Slime is getting pantsed on a regular basis.

Bahaha, how the narrative changes…

Oh…wait…it’s about money? So F+ doesn’t count? And losing to Nebraska?

Lol, I do enjoy exposing you repeatedly and then watching you use your other handles to come to your rescue. So money and recognition? Then why do you 💩 on ND? They make plenty of money. They get highest ratings. They have celebs all over. The SB economy absolutely kills it on football weekends …

In case you missed it, all those HOF coaches aren’t improving the team. All 3 Sanders are leaving this year …
Colorado was one of the worst P4 programs in college football prior to Deion Sanders arrival. Since he got there, everything over there is ascending.

ND and Colorado are two very different programs on two very different ends of the spectrum with two very different levels of resources tradition brand etc I don't hold them to the same standard as a result.

Colorado winning a handful of football games and selling out their stadium is a success at Colorado given where that program is in college football

At Notre Dame it's national title or bust

Colorado was one of the worst P4 programs in college football prior to Deion Sanders arrival. Since he got there, everything over there is ascending.

ND and Colorado are two very different programs on two very different ends of the spectrum with two very different levels of resources tradition brand etc I don't hold them to the same standard as a result.

Colorado winning a handful of football games and selling out their stadium is a success at Colorado given where that program is in college football

At Notre Dame it's national title or bust
You are so full of 💩. They have tradition, they have a NC, they have 20 conf championships. They have been between 3-10 games won per year the last decade.

Yes they were poor, but Prime hasn’t done shit 💩 except get attention from ESPN…and now the NFL execs are calling him out for what he is…a fraud, who is only there to shepherd his kids. His 5-9 record is no different from the mean …

lol at you calling 5 wins in 14 games, with those wins against teams with an aggregate record of .400, as something to brag about

I would love to be in the Notre Dame football operations office. I would pitch a tent there, and never leave, and flip every rock possible looking for an advantage for the ND football program. And I'd bring the fans a winner at the highest level or die trying. I hope there are people in the front office RIGHT NOW who share my enthusiasm and passion to see ND back at the top of the sport.

Last edited:
I would love to be in the Notre Dame football operations office. I would pitch a tent there, and never leave, and flip every rock possible looking for an advantage for the ND football program. And I'd bring the fans a winner at the highest level or die trying. I hope there are people in the front office RIGHT NOW who share my enthusiasm and passion to see ND back at the top of the sport.
No

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT