ADVERTISEMENT

Fear The FCS - 2018 FCS over FBS College Football Upsets - How & Why?

Sep 23, 2018
Illinois State Beats Colorado State

Illinois State, who we regard as a Top 5 team nationally in our College Football Today FCS Rankings, was able to upset the Rams 35-19 in Fort Collins, CO. We had no question that this would be a contest, but we did not see the Redbirds running away with this game so easily. With over 50 "3-Star" recruits boasted by the Rams and not one on the Illinois State roster, I believe this further proves the severe lack of scouting on a national scale in College Football Today.

stars_1_orig.png

https://www.collegefootballtoday.org/collegefbnews/fear-the-fcs-2018-fcs-over-fbs-college-football-upsets-how-why

Illinois St is ranked higher than Illinois, UCLA, Kansas, Arkansas, & Oregon State (Sagarin). Just because most fans don't know much about FCS teams doesn't mean they can't be formidable.

This is old stuff...and no surprise whatsoever

I'll put it in the simplest terms.

Scholarship drop to 85 ... Mixed in with little things like a hurry up no huddle all game, rules to help promote offense....

The gap just by default between formerly division I and division I aa..hell even some division II schools is much much much closer than days of yore.

When people made fun of App state beating Michigan it was not a shocker to me.....it can happen to a lot of good DI teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT