ADVERTISEMENT

F+ has Notre Dame at 7, but where's Chaseball

He only seems to post about F+ when ND is out of the top 10.
You are referencing FPI which is an entirely different system. FPI simulates your schedule and ranks you based on your expected record from those simulations. It's just different information and doesn't really tell you how your team stacks up relative to all other teams like F+ does.

F+ won't update until after week 1 (around this time next week) and I'll probably be posting about it. But the system doesn't start getting really good until after several weeks of data have accumulated and we definitely want to see Notre Dame ranked high in F+ as it's the best predictive model available to the public that there is

Last edited:
You are referencing FPI which is an entirely different system. FPI simulates your schedule and ranks you based on your expected record from those simulations. It's just different information and doesn't really tell you how your team stacks up relative to all other teams like F+ does.

F+ won't update until after week 1 (around this time next week) and I'll probably be posting about it. But the system doesn't start getting really good until after several weeks of data have accumulated and we definitely want to see Notre Dame ranked high in F+ as it's the best predictive model available to the public that there is
It's the worst thing out there for rating teams

Reactions: NDinNJ
It is a stupid system regardless of whoever is wherever.... I remember years ago Chase trying to defend it having team A ranked higher than team B right after team B beat team A.
F+ isn't a resume ranking like the AP Poll, you are complaining about the system not doing something well that its not trying to do.

It would be like dismissing all the things the Xbox S can do because it doesn't run PS5 games.

F+ isn't a resume ranking like the AP Poll, you are complaining about the system not doing something well that its not trying to do.

It would be like dismissing all the things the Xbox S can do because it doesn't run PS5 games.

I think it might take several weeks for the F+ formula to kick in.

For example, I don't understand how it has Georgia 3rd. The Dawgs seem to be still STACKED.

I think it might take several weeks for the F+ formula to kick in.

For example, I don't understand how it has Georgia 3rd. The Dawgs seem to be still STACKED.
I just checked the new site they are hosting F+ at and they have an update through Week 0 already.

ND is #10
Georgia is #1

The first several weeks of the new season heavily incorporates the SP+ projections into the ranking formula. SP+ projections are a ranking of teams based on last several years of recruiting classes, last several years of team performance, and the production of the players that are returning.

after several weeks into the new season, the data from the new season becomes more reliable and and is weighted more heavily in the ranking formula

Last edited:
Reactions: ivan brunetti
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT