ADVERTISEMENT

Elko had

Pennick44

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
Interest from FLA and Oregon. He may take 1 from his Wake staff. These tidbits are from tos.

Reactions: rpark
Sounds like a great hire - a bright young defensive mind.

Ground breaking.

There is no doubt that Elko will turn ND from pitiful into a CFB defensive juggernaut. kelly hired him because he can "break dance" and "moon walk".
I wish one person on this board can define an area of football that we have been consistently good at under kelly. One just one...
Have at it.....
Elko is another flyer and may or may not work out. Obviously he has been handed a cluster**** authored by an incredibly dense hc. The good news is that it would be darn near impossible to be worse.
kelly has grabbagged his way and his trademarked "next man in" relating to his coaching staff is further proof of his otherworldly hc ineptitude.

There is no doubt that Elko will turn ND from pitiful into a CFB defensive juggernaut. kelly hired him because he can "break dance" and "moon walk".
I wish one person on this board can define an area of football that we have been consistently good at under kelly. One just one...
Have at it.....
Elko is another flyer and may or may not work out. Obviously he has been handed a cluster**** authored by an incredibly dense hc. The good news is that it would be darn near impossible to be worse.
kelly has grabbagged his way and his trademarked "next man in" relating to his coaching staff is further proof of his otherworldly hc ineptitude.
Flush

Have at it.....

Wide receiver play...

Michael Floyd was a monster and Kelly helped develop into a 1st round pick and one of twork best WR's in his draft class. Incredible blocker.

Tyler Eifert essentially played WR (W) his entire senior year. Became the first TE in a decade to receive for more than 1000 yards in a cfb season (on any team).

TJ Jones developed from a skinny freshman, to a warrior, who capped off his career with a really good, gutsy, senior season in which he battled through a shoulder that needed surgery. He's now getting paid by the Lions to play on Sundays and doing well for himself.

Theo Riddick was a weapon for ND when he was lining up in the slot and motioning in at tailback. Nearly uncoverable and extremely versatile.

DaVaris Daniels was well on his way to being a stud (rewatch the Bama game) when his attitude got in the way of his career. HE WAS GOING TO BE A REALLY GOOD One.

Will Fuller was a low, low, 4 star receiver before Kelly and Denbrock turned him into college football's best deep threat and the most electrifying player in CFB... Oh and a 1st round draft pick.

Chris Brown developed really nicely. From a track guy, to the kid that was punking DB's in the rain, at Clemson. Really great example of a kid developing over 4 years, becoming a leader and graduating.

EQ St. Brown was this year's offensive MVP, as a sophomore, picked over Kizer, who will be a 1st round NFL draft pick. Has all the makings of a future top 10 draft pick in the mould of an AJ Green or a Kelvin Benjamin. Absolute stud that Kelly and Denbrock have done a great job with through two years.

What more could you ask out of Kevin Stepherson as a freshman?

CGVR....not every decision is idiotic just because Kelly made it! Yes he has made more than his share of stupid and inexplicable decisions that have cost us games or seriously hurt the program, but we should acknowledge good decisions as well. Based on moves being reported, Kelly has made several excellent decisions regarding Elko and Polian and Quinn, etc... especially in light of his hot seat status.

Wide receiver play...

Michael Floyd was a monster and Kelly helped develop into a 1st round pick and one of twork best WR's in his draft class. Incredible blocker.

Tyler Eifert essentially played WR (W) his entire senior year. Became the first TE in a decade to receive for more than 1000 yards in a cfb season (on any team).

TJ Jones developed from a skinny freshman, to a warrior, who capped off his career with a really good, gutsy, senior season in which he battled through a shoulder that needed surgery. He's now getting paid by the Lions to play on Sundays and doing well for himself.

Theo Riddick was a weapon for ND when he was lining up in the slot and motioning in at tailback. Nearly uncoverable and extremely versatile.

DaVaris Daniels was well on his way to being a stud (rewatch the Bama game) when his attitude got in the way of his career. HE WAS GOING TO BE A REALLY GOOD One.

Will Fuller was a low, low, 4 star receiver before Kelly and Denbrock turned him into college football's best deep threat and the most electrifying player in CFB... Oh and a 1st round draft pick.

Chris Brown developed really nicely. From a track guy, to the kid that was punking DB's in the rain, at Clemson. Really great example of a kid developing over 4 years, becoming a leader and graduating.

EQ St. Brown was this year's offensive MVP, as a sophomore, picked over Kizer, who will be a 1st round NFL draft pick. Has all the makings of a future top 10 draft pick in the mould of an AJ Green or a Kelvin Benjamin. Absolute stud that Kelly and Denbrock have done a great job with through two years.

IIO -- but Kelly and staff are terrible coaches from the "experts" on the board!!!

Wide receiver play...

Where did TE U go? I reject Eifert's receiving yardage as TE receptions. You correctly identified his WR positioning. He also played a lot of slot. I doubt he had 1000 yards from the TE position.
Floyd was a can't miss super star. Riddick terrific too.....
I don't have easy access to cfb stats on my phone so I can't check which of these guys finished in the top 25. Can you check the top 25 yearly yardage passing/receiving totals by team and individual for kelly's tenure? I doubt he ever consistently cracked that.....surely with that talent and his proclivity to pass he must have been there at multiple points.....

CGVR....not every decision is idiotic just because Kelly made it! Yes he has made more than his share of stupid and inexplicable decisions that have cost us games or seriously hurt the program, but we should acknowledge good decisions as well. Based on moves being reported, Kelly has made several excellent decisions regarding Elko and Polian and Quinn, etc... especially in light of his hot seat status.
He is a knob and the fact that we are totally restructuring his staff proves it. PS This is not being drIven by him. Also, you, me, others.... are hoping that these are excellent decisions. We won't know until we see the "product". The reality is that we would be very hardpressed to be worse.....

Where did TE U go? I reject Eifert's receiving yardage as TE receptions. You correctly identified his WR positioning. He also played a lot of slot. I doubt he had 1000 yards from the TE position.
I don't have easy access to cfb stats on my phone so I can't check which of these guys finished in the top 25. Can you check the top 25 yearly yardage passing/receiving totals by team and individual for kelly's tenure? I doubt he ever consistently cracked that.....surely with that talent and his proclivity to pass he must have been there at multiple points.....

I think if Jones had played this year, no one would be lamenting the loss of TE U.

He is a knob and the fact that we are totally restructuring his staff proves it. PS This is not being drIven by him. Also, you, me, others.... are hoping that these are excellent decisions. We won't know until we see the "product". The reality is that we would be very hardpressed to be worse.....
don't have a clue the extent these decisions are not being driven by him. You're not suggesting these are driven by Jack, are you? Agree the bar has been set low, and this should not be acceptable as a measure of progress going forward. I'll puke if we are celebrating a great turnaround based on an 8-4 record next year. The program should be evaluated in terms of double digit wins, top ten finishes, major bowl victories, participating in playoffs every three years, etc... take the fire Jack ad that some alums ran and flip the listed failings into a positive statement of what ND alum and fans have every right to expect, and demand the BOT measure Jack's and Kelly's performance accordingly.

don't have a clue the extent these decisions are not being driven by him. You're not suggesting these are driven by Jack, are you? Agree the bar has been set low, and this should not be acceptable as a measure of progress going forward. I'll puke if we are celebrating a great turnaround based on an 8-4 record next year. The program should be evaluated in terms of double digit wins, top ten finishes, major bowl victories, participating in playoffs every three years, etc... take the fire Jack ad that some alums ran and flip the listed failings into a positive statement of what ND alum and fans have every right to expect, and demand the BOT measure Jack's and Kelly's performance accordingly.
It is above swarbrick's pay grade.

I'll take a look when I get chance, but even if you discredit Eifert's senior season as being one of a tight end, it still lends to my point. He was (in your estimation) a WR... A nearly 1100 yard wide receiver and a mid first round pick.

You can't claim that producing Floyd, Eifert, Niklas, Riddick, Jones, Fuller, Brown, etc, etc, isn't impressive. That's three 1st round picks a 2nd round pick and two additional NFL starters.

Wide receiver play...

Nice post. Daniels reminded me of a poor man's AJ Green.. was expecting big things from DaVaris.

I watched Louisville and Clemson games. Expected the qbs to make some plays, but that wasn't the case. The running backs constantly had massive holes up the middle due to scheme. Elko defense IMO has a huge huge hole in the middle of the d

I'll take a look when I get chance, but even if you discredit Eifert's senior season as being one of a tight end, it still lends to my point. He was (in your estimation) a WR... A nearly 1100 yard wide receiver and a mid first round pick.

You can't claim that producing Floyd, Eifert, Niklas, Riddick, Jones, Fuller, Brown, etc, etc, isn't impressive. That's three 1st round picks a 2nd round pick and two additional NFL starters.

Eifert was a hybrid receiver and his yards do not all equate to the TE position.

I have no idea where you came up with this malarkey.

"Tyler Eifert essentially played WR (W) his entire senior year. Became the first TE in a decade to receive for more than 1000 yards in a cfb season (on any team)."

He had 685 receiving yards his senior year and 803 the year before.

Fuller is the only player to crack the top 25 in yards....

Since 2010 our highest ranked production was. 31, 27, NR, 36, 23, 16, 39

In our NCG year we had no one in the top 100.....

Reactions: HuddleBurger

We haven't seen those kinds of NFL numbers since the early 90s. I know you are talking skill positions but add the Martin Boys, Stanley, Tuitt, Jaylon (just you wait!) and he is producing NFL players...

Hey IIO do you think the Baylor coach is a good fit for a Wimbush led O?

We haven't seen those kinds of NFL numbers since the early 90s. I know you are talking skill positions but add the Martin Boys, Stanley, Tuitt, Jaylon (just you wait!) and he is producing NFL players...

Hey IIO do you think the Baylor coach is a good fit for a Wimbush led O?

Prior to this year's (2016) draft kelly (4) is under performing willingham (4.66), davie (4.2) and outperforming weis (3.8) by .2 players selected in the NFL draft per annum.

He is almost 3 players per yer below Holtz (6.7)....

If he gets 6 players drafted this year he'll jump davie. With 8 he'll jump willingham.

We had 7 players drafted in '16....

Nice post. Daniels reminded me of a poor man's AJ Green.. was expecting big things from DaVaris.

Daniels may make the NFL yet. He was just named the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie this year for Calgary, with 885 yds and 9 TDs in only 11 games. And there have been other players who've honed their games in the CFL before taking another shot at the NFL, so he may try that at some point.

Who cares that Eifert was good enough to be split out at WR. He's a TE that's just semantics for an argument. Kelly does develop talent. Not every player that comes in will be a star you guys do undertand that I hope. An if memory serves me correct Tyler was a 3 star prospect.

Who cares that Eifert was good enough to be split out at WR. He's a TE that's just semantics for an argument. Kelly does develop talent. Not every player that comes in will be a star you guys do undertand that I hope. An if memory serves me correct Tyler was a 3 star prospect.
That doesn't fit the narrative of the bloviating cgvr.

The point is simple. Catches made from the WR or Slot positions are just that..... Comparing that type production to Casper, MacAfee...others is off base imo.....

The point is simple. Catches made from the WR or Slot positions are just that..... Comparing that type production to Casper, MacAfee...others is off base imo.....

Still Semantics, what was he listed as? Case closed. He's a TE with the ability to be split out like I said. The reason why you split him out is because he causes matchup problems not because he's a WR.

Still Semantics, what was he listed as? Case closed. He's a TE with the ability to be split out like I said. The reason why you split him out is because he causes matchup problems not because he's a WR.
Don't argue w that dufus. He's a troll, he hates all things ND, and will put a negative spin on any ND related topic.

Your points about Eifert are 100% spot on.

I think that is referred to as a "Joker" tight end. Obviously the position has morphed to a "hybrid" position. H back is another one too....
Coryell was doing this stuff (wr/slot) with Winslow 3-4 decades ago. I think Belichick/others may use other "letter" designations. I can't remember the last time I saw Eifert line up to block. Calling him a TE imo is a stretch as I would bet 90+ percent of his receiving production comes from the slot or wide. PS weis and crew did a great job identifying him.

Don't argue w that dufus. He's a troll, he hates all things ND, and will put a negative spin on any ND related topic.

Your points about Eifert are 100% spot on.
You just aren't very bright. Seriously dim.....
Yeah, I am putting negative spin on ND. kelly has cornered the market on that..... It's called reality. These next weeks are going to be real interesting....

You just aren't very bright. Seriously dim.....
Yeah, I am putting negative spin on ND. kelly has cornered the market on that..... It's called reality. These next weeks are going to be real interesting....

What will be interesting about it? I'm not worried about the recruits we'll have a commit or two and a decommit it's how the process always works I'm more interested in how the season plays out. If we win we'll get more recruits next year.

What will be interesting about it? I'm not worried about the recruits we'll have a commit or two and a decommit it's how the process always works I'm more interested in how the season plays out. If we win we'll get more recruits next year.
Who is referencing recruiting?

That's why I wrote a question mark. What will be interesting, the season is over? The majority of our coaching positions are covered, Kelly isn't going anywhere for a least another year I hope he's here longer bc that will mean we turned this thing around. What else is there?

There is no question Kelly and co. develop talent. He's not able to win with said talent. That is the problem. 8 wins a year in his tenure. That's pathetic considering the talent that has come through here from Eifert to Te'o and Fuller.

There is no question Kelly and co. develop talent. He's not able to win with said talent. That is the problem. 8 wins a year in his tenure. That's pathetic considering the talent that has come through here from Eifert to Te'o and Fuller.
It looks as though either End-23 or NDAyers has a new handle. Which one are you?

Wide receiver play...

Eifert was a hybrid receiver and his yards do not all equate to the TE position.

I have no idea where you came up with this malarkey.

"Tyler Eifert essentially played WR (W) his entire senior year. Became the first TE in a decade to receive for more than 1000 yards in a cfb season (on any team)."

He had 685 receiving yards his senior year and 803 the year before.

Fuller is the only player to crack the top 25 in yards....

Since 2010 our highest ranked production was. 31, 27, NR, 36, 23, 16, 39

In our NCG year we had no one in the top 100.....

Where are you coming up with 1100 yards?
It's wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT