ADVERTISEMENT

Eichenberg comment

BGI User 1596

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Notre Dame LT Liam Eichenberg:
"It’s gonna be loud. But our stadium is loud. I’m excited to go in there, kick the shit out of them, get a win, then get out of there."

Reactions: PHJIndy
Can't just talk about it; have to BE ABOUT IT!

Hopefully he brings this same intensity with him to the field. If we do what what are capable of doing, we're going to be fine!

Speaking of our loud stadium ... been hearing this a lot lately .. anybody whose actually been to the renovated venue at ND ... has fan noise / decibals gone up in the last few years ?

Reactions: notredamerises23
That's awesome. Love the raw honesty from Liam. It's cool to see who someone really is and how they think. So many comments are "canned, media-ready" comments. I appreciate that Liam said what's really on his mind.

Can't wait to see him beat some people up later tonight!

Reactions: football1irish
Stupid. Comment. All it does is fire up VT and their fans. I predict Eichenberg gets dominated all night. Remember Temple . At. Philly. Dope.

Stupid. Comment. All it does is fire up VT and their fans. I predict Eichenberg gets dominated all night. Remember Temple . At. Philly. Dope.
Its all good if he comes to back it up. Swagger is a good thing on the road if he shows up and performs.

Guys, it's no big deal. He's a young guy with swagger. He'll learn one way or another. Either tonight or later. If VT needs this comment for motivation, they might have other issues. I think these young guys are used to playground talk and don't take anything personal. I vote "yes" on the comment but don't make a habit out of it.

Nothing good happens after midnight. Nothing good happens when you trash talk publicly before any game.

VT was fired up for this game when it went on the schedule. One comment, unless it was BK who made the comment, is not that big of a deal.

Speaking of our loud stadium ... been hearing this a lot lately .. anybody whose actually been to the renovated venue at ND ... has fan noise / decibals gone up in the last few years ?
Yes. Structurally, the new press box/luxury suites and the Jumbotron have helped to keep the noise in, but the biggest impact on noise has been the Jumbotron itself for two reasons:
  • The speakers are VERY loud which keeps the stadium loud
  • Professionally produced video messages play at key parts throughout each game to help motivate fans to stay loud. This seems to be more effective at keeping fans loud and engaged than the band and cheerleaders.

Reactions: chaseball
Yes. Structurally, the new press box/luxury suites and the Jumbotron have helped to keep the noise in, but the biggest impact on noise has been the Jumbotron itself for two reasons:
  • The speakers are VERY loud which keeps the stadium loud
  • Professionally produced video messages play at key parts throughout each game to help motivate fans to stay loud. This seems to be more effective at keeping fans loud and engaged than the band and cheerleaders.

translation: an adzillatron that makes the game less enjoyable and people less likely to return.

translation: an adzillatron that makes the game less enjoyable and people less likely to return.
If you’re over 60 maybe. Stadium is best in college, key is getting the old timers out and new blood in to keep the stadium rocking . It’s not the loudest, but it is of the highest quality and just beautiful.

I say it in jest, there should be a limit on # of senior citizens allowed in the game.

There are no "ads" unless you consider 100% pro-ND videos "ads."

ND has a policy against using ads on the video board and they've stuck to that policy. Did you just make up "adzillatron" out of ignorance?

Reactions: cancandodo
If you’re over 60 maybe. Stadium is best in college, key is getting the old timers out and new blood in to keep the stadium rocking . It’s not the loudest, but it is of the highest quality and just beautiful.

I say it in jest, there should be a limit on # of senior citizens allowed in the game.
I'm 65 and can out last you at the game in any weather at any time of day. I haven't missed a home game in 20 years. All kinds of weather. I stand the whole game. Twenty years. I've been there holding steady when students left at halftime. You know, students who are under the age of 60. You think the young people are funding all these ND projects? Did I mention I walk to campus and back to the White Lot afterwards every home game? Roughly 2 miles. No shuttles. No jest. Just fact.

Reactions: IrishMike409
There are no "ads" unless you consider 100% pro-ND videos "ads."

ND has a policy against using ads on the video board and they've stuck to that policy. Did you just make up "adzillatron" out of ignorance?
I learned the term from Surlyhorns. Let's check back after the Tron has been there a decade or so.

I'm 65 and can out last you at the game in any weather at any time of day. I haven't missed a home game in 20 years. All kinds of weather. I stand the whole game. Twenty years. I've been there holding steady when students left at halftime. You know, students who are under the age of 60. You think the young people are funding all these ND projects? Did I mention I walk to campus and back to the White Lot afterwards every home game? Roughly 2 miles. No shuttles. No jest. Just fact.
Here iswhat we’ll do. You give me your second Nd ticket, I’ll buy drinks, we’ll both stand and cheer!

I’m a senior citizen. I was at the Stanford game and it was electric. Love all the additions to the stadium!

Don't worry Diehard. These are the under 60 crowd that leave the game early to beat the traffic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT