ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting DT Devan Houstan on Notre Dame visit

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Update: Here's the story

I just got off the phone with four-star DT Devan Houstan, who visited Notre Dame over the weekend.

I wont have a full story until late tonight or early tomorrow because of the ND-Duke game, but here are some quick notes:

• This was Houstan's first unofficial visit without any teammates. He attended games at Penn State, Pittsburgh and James Madison last season with some of his teammates.

• His mother made the visit to Notre Dame with him. He wants to get back on campus so his dad can experience it too. His parents still live in Canada while he's at his boarding school in Maryland. Houstan mentioned the Blue-Gold Game in April is a possibility for that return visit.

• Houstan described new defensive line coach Al Washington as passionate and knowledgeable. Sounds like he made a great first impression. Houstan also appreciated the one-on-one time with Marcus Freeman.

• Mike Elston, who was recruiting him for Notre Dame, just extended a Michigan offer to him shortly before our interview.

• I came away from the interview very impressed with Houstan. It's easy to understand why Notre Dame think he's a fit for the program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News