ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne

That’s what he said he was going to do, return to ND to graduate then transfer and play out his eligibility- the ND football QB room has moved well beyond Drew Pyne at this point.

That’s what he said he was going to do, return to ND to graduate then transfer and play out his eligibility- the ND football QB room has moved well beyond Drew Pyne at this point.
It's just amazing to see where the QB room is compared to 2 years ago

Buchner
Pyne
Angeli
Pawlus

to

Leonard
Angeli
Minchey
Carr

The staff has clearly upgraded that position. We haven't seen a QB room this deep in a very long time.

Good for him, but I think he's shooting too high again. If he wants to play again, he ought to go to a G5 program IMO. He'll probably end up riding the pine at Missouri.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Comes back for a semester, gets his degree and bolts for Missouri.

It was implied by his parents the back-up QB at Missouri last season (Sam Horn out with Tommy John) made approximately 30K per month last year from Mizzou's NIL. When talking to his parents it was never mentioned how much was football or baseball money. Not a bad gig after getting your degree.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Good for him, but I think he's shooting too high again. If he wants to play again, he ought to go to a G5 program IMO. He'll probably end up riding the pine at Missouri.
I agree. Go to Miami Ohio or Ball State.

How does he have three years remaining? Multiple sites report this. 2020-2025 is six years with the redshirt and covid year. Did he get two medical redshirts thus granting a seventh year?

How does he have three years remaining? Multiple sites report this. 2020-2025 is six years with the redshirt and covid year. Did he get two medical redshirts thus granting a seventh year?
I guess he must've been granted a medical redshirt for last season, when he only played 2 games and apparently was hurt after that.

I guess he must've been granted a medical redshirt for last season, when he only played 2 games and apparently was hurt after that.
Perhaps but I thought you needed two medical redshirts in order to be granted a 6th year normally (seventh year in Pyne’s case). Normally a regular redshirt and medical redshirt would not suffice to get the sixth year. Maybe they changed the rule?

Perhaps but I thought you needed two medical redshirts in order to be granted a 6th year normally (seventh year in Pyne’s case). Normally a regular redshirt and medical redshirt would not suffice to get the sixth year. Maybe they changed the rule?
2020 didn't count. 2021 was his redshirt, and 2023 was a medical redshirt. So he's only used one year so far. That gives him 3 left.

2020 didn't count. 2021 was his redshirt, and 2023 was a medical redshirt. So he's only used one year so far. That gives him 3 left.
I understand but I thought you needed two medical redshirts in order to be granted a sixth year in normal circumstances (pretend the Covid year didn’t happen and Pyne is a 2021 recruit — for our sake of discussion). So in order to get to that sixth year, it can’t be a regular redshirt and a medical redshirt. It has to be two medical redshirts. Unless they changed the rule.

I understand but I thought you needed two medical redshirts in order to be granted a sixth year in normal circumstances (pretend the Covid year didn’t happen and Pyne is a 2021 recruit — for our sake of discussion). So in order to get to that sixth year, it can’t be a regular redshirt and a medical redshirt. It has to be two medical redshirts. Unless they changed the rule.
Apparently he gets 3 extra years - one for covid, one for his regular redshirt, and one for a medical redshirt. That's how he has 3 years left.

That little mofo had a plan. Clearly. And his sudden bolt to ASU, now you can see the whole picture, and it wasn't such an odd thing to do after all. He got his ND degree and everything. And now he's off for one last bite at the apple. I guess his dad is like a high-level sports marketer or something, it must run in the family how to maximize your situation at the top levels of big-time spectator sports...

That little mofo had a plan. Clearly. And his sudden bolt to ASU, now you can see the whole picture, and it wasn't such an odd thing to do after all. He got his ND degree and everything. And now he's off for one last bite at the apple. I guess his dad is like a high-level sports marketer or something, it must run in the family how to maximize your situation at the top levels of big-time spectator sports...
Came off the bench cold vs Wisconsin, threw a dart for 6pts, did the McGregor and the rest is history.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT