ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne ! Joe Montana (college)2.0 ! Again--Audric Estime is Jerome Bettis 2.0 !

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
I was wrong about Drew Pyne ! That guy can throw downfield ! And run an offense !
Drew has elite passing numbers since the first quarter yips against California.
A 3 and 1 Cal team that just clobbered Arizona 49 to 31!
I wish we had Drew against Ohio State and Marshall. We would be 4 and 0 right now !
Like Joe Montana he came up from the back of the field and just wins games !

And a poster (IJ) told me, last week after I said Audric Estime was Jerome Bettis 2.0, to shut my mouth and that I was an idiot !
Who needs to shut up now? Now many sport writers now are comparing his style to Jerome !

Go Irish !
Beat the Mormans !

*** One more thing ! Tommy Rees is a GREAT play caller who is going to the NFL next year. And Marcus Freeman is a GREAT Head coach ! Recruits and delegates ! And Al Golden is a GREAT defensive coach ! McColough is a GREAT running backs coach !

Elvis has left the building !!!

I was wrong about Drew Pyne ! That guy can throw downfield ! And run an offense !
I wish we had Drew against Ohio State and Marshall. We would be 4 and 0 right now !

And a poster (IJ) told me, last week after I said Audric Estime was Jerome Bettis 2.0, to shut my mouth and that I was an idiot !
Who needs to shut up now? Now many sport writers now are comparing his style to Jerome !

Go Irish !
Beat the Mormans !

*** One more thing ! Tommy Rees is a GREAT play caller who is going to the NFL next year. And Marcus Freeman is a GREAT Head coach ! Recruits and delegates ! And Al Golden is a GREAT defensive coach ! McColough is a GREAT running backs coach !

Mickens and O’Leary deserve recognition here as well. They have our defensive backs playing well overall, and the development of true freshmen Mickey and Morrison is encouraging beyond words. Last years best starter besides Hamilton was Hart, and I think he’s our weakest backfield starter today.

Pyne is Ian Book 2.0 at best. He’s definitely not there yet. Estime…now that dude is a beast. Against teams that don’t have elite size on defense he’s going to bull his way for 4-5 yards after contact every time. Big weapon especially now that our o line seems to be putting it together

Reactions: rgc7
Pyne is Ian Book 2.0 at best. He’s definitely not there yet. Estime…now that dude is a beast. Against teams that don’t have elite size on defense he’s going to bull his way for 4-5 yards after contact every time. Big weapon especially now that our o line seems to be putting it together
Ian Book started 35 games, went 30-5. You are correct. Drew Pyne is not Ian Book 2.0, at least not now.

The play of our secondary has been a pleasant surprise. As Telx1 has observed, the play of the two freshman, Mickey and Morrison, has been nice to see. I think we will only see them get better as they get more comfortable with more playing time. That said, it was disappointing to see the 2 long TD passes we gave up yesterday, Clarence Lewis just got beat on the first one, but the second TD, coming on a 4th and 21 play, was inexcusable. That just cannot happen. In watching the replay, I was completely baffled by what Cam Hart was thinking. He just let the receiver run right past him. Was he expecting help deep? It looked like he might have been poaching on the other receiver in front of him who was running an out; did Hart think he could sneak in for an interception? Whatever happened, it was a terrible play on Hart's part.

I loved Estime's play yesterday. He is a load. He is the kind of back you let pound the defense in the third and fourth quarters, when they don't want to tackle him. And he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think we may have found ourselves a pretty good RB. Our OL play still needs some work, but I hope HH will fix that.

I think we'll be fine with Pyne. (Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) Yes, he has physical limitations, but I think he is a better passer than many posters here were willing to give him credit for. He is very accurate with a quick release. While he doesn't have a gun, his arm strength is at least equal to, and probably better than Ian Book's. And we did just fine with Ian. If Pyne had wide receivers who could get some separation, I think he would surprise some people. Unfortunately we don't, except maybe for Styles. Sadly, we are just bad at the WR position.

Reactions: rgc7

Go Irish !
Beat the Mormans !

Hopefully all the haters will take a week or 2 off

Go Irish !
Beat the Mormans !

Please let us know when self medication you’re taking as we’d all like some !

Reactions: NDinNJ
Ian Book started 35 games, went 30-5. You are correct. Drew Pyne is not Ian Book 2.0, at least not now.
Pyne is Pyne and he will be a very good, solid Q B
at Notre Dame. I think too many are underestimating Payne ?

Pyne is Pyne and he will be a very good, solid Q B
at Notre Dame. I think too many are underestimating Payne ?
He knows how to play QB, his problem is simple: physical limitations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT