ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Aller looked awful

Dec 29, 2005
OSU has a very good defense but Aller was putrid, he had 11-12 straight incompletions in the 3rd quarter, and he was missing badly.

Seems like that 112th SOS covered up a lot of warts on offense. I also think Franklin is an average coach, PSU will probably go 10-2 with losses to OSU and UM and we’ll hear how good they are if not for the other two.

Also, UM has the 113th ranked SOS..

Believe it or not. I think they beat Michigan in happy valley this year being it will be absolutely crazy with 100,000 fans probably a white out. PSU has enough on defense to stay in the game. Michigan will be challenged for the first time on the road and at night.
At Johns Bosco California or Florida Img academy could be competitive in the big 2

Reactions: rrdd2021 and edub72
OSU has a very good defense but Aller was putrid, he had 11-12 straight incompletions in the 3rd quarter, and he was missing badly.

Seems like that 112th SOS covered up a lot of warts on offense. I also think Franklin is an average coach, PSU will probably go 10-2 with losses to OSU and UM and we’ll hear how good they are if not for the other two.

Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, UMass....

then Ohio St.

No, they are not. Iowa has a great defense but a putrid offense. They fumbled six times against PSU and lost four of them.
Psu is light years better than Iowa

They actually played this year. So it's not an opinion. Its a fact now

31 to 0 was the score

Psu - 397 yards
Iowa - 76 yards (thats not a typo)

Psu - 28 first downs
Iowa - 4 first downs (thats not a typo)

They are not even in the same solar system. Iowa is not on psus level

The game wasnt even as close as the 31 point win

He didn't live up to the media hype

Psu is light years better than Iowa

They actually played this year. So it's not an opinion. Its a fact now

31 to 0 was the score

Psu - 397 yards
Iowa - 76 yards (thats not a typo)

Psu - 28 first downs
Iowa - 4 first downs (thats not a typo)

They are not even in the same solar system. Iowa is not on psus level

The game wasnt even as close as the 31 point win
Agree their offense is bland

He's 19. What is he supposed to be doing, especially when the WR's he has are not nearly as good as the other teams' DB's?
Oh, he has a lot of development to do, and can be very good in the end but it’s clear they were limiting him for a reason up to this point.

He was really bad today even when guys were open. He overthrew several swing passes and out routes terribly. He looked lost IMO. I guess that can also be blamed on Franklin and Co. for not having him prepared to play.

Oh, he has a lot of development to do, and can be very good in the end but it’s clear they were limiting him for a reason up to this point.

He was really bad today even when guys were open. He overthrew several swing passes and out routes terribly. He looked lost IMO. I guess that can also be blamed on Franklin and Co. for not having him prepared to play.
44 for OSU had a big game

Allar has no receivers of note. And he is a bit of a statue. And he seems slow going through his reads.

But, he has a hell of a strong arm!

No, they are not. Iowa has a great defense but a putrid offense. They fumbled six times against PSU and lost four of them.
Did you watch that game and actually see the final stats? Iowa had something like 70 something TOTAL yards for thevgame. PSU was in complete control the whole game.

Believe it or not. I think they beat Michigan in happy valley this year being it will be absolutely crazy with 100,000 fans probably a white out. PSU has enough on defense to stay in the game. Michigan will be challenged for the first time on the road and at night.
At Johns Bosco California or Florida Img academy could be competitive in the big 2
I don’t know, Michigan looked pretty good and PSU didn’t

I don’t know, Michigan looked pretty good and PSU didn’t
It's time people start paying attention to the schedules and who teams play. PSU played OSU. Enough said. Michigan played MSU who is probably the worst team in the B1G. Hell, Rutgers even beat MSU. In fact, Michigan's best win this year is probably Rutgers. Think about that.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Noon kick whiteouts are not the same as a 7:30 PM full drunk white out. Also, I believe Penn State is only about .500 in their white out games.

IMO you have to give him a chance.

When the other guy is playing zero coverage you have to take some deep shots.

Penn State didn't do that.
I'm not disputing that......I was just stating the
media (ESPN, Sports talk,ect....) he was the best QB at PSU since Collins and Blackledge

I agree, he is absolutely awful

IMO you have to give him a chance.

When the other guy is playing zero coverage you have to take some deep shots.

Penn State didn't do that.

First time I saw Allar play. I agree, he looked bad, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. He was inaccurate and looked like he had trouble with his progressions, but I also saw wide receivers that could not get any separation and an offensive line that played poorly. I haven't seen PSU play any other games, so I don't know if those things were aberrational or a true measuring stick of PSU's offensive play. I noticed that when the camera zoomed in on Allar at the very end of the game he appeared to be nearly in tears. That says to me he is a kid who cares and who has some spirit. I don't know if he will turn it around from his performance yesterday, but hard not to feel for the kid. I guess we will see when PSU plays UM at home.

They all have that one really bad game---Hartman vs. Ville.

I'm not disputing that......I was just stating the
media (ESPN, Sports talk,ect....) he was the best QB at PSU since Collins and Blackledge
He could end up that good eventually, but the media was jumping the gun. For comparison, Collins didn't even start until his 4th year and had his great undefeated season in his 5th year.

But because there's been a few QBs out there that have succeeded right away in recent years, the media expects them all to succeed right away. But some QBs may still need more time to develop. Kenny Pickett didn't really become a top QB until his 5th year, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT