ADVERTISEMENT

Does this hurt recruiting?

NDskins

All Star
Apr 27, 2005
When do the recruits start jumping ship? Will the board say they weren't RKG? If they had another team recruiting them, do you blame them for wanting out of this 5 alarm fire? I can't blame any recruit wanting out. They did not sign anything yet. With coaches blaming players, who would want to play for these coaches?

When do the recruits start jumping ship? Will the board say they weren't RKG? If they had another team recruiting them, do you blame them for wanting out of this 5 alarm fire? I can't blame any recruit wanting out. They did not sign anything yet. With coaches blaming players, who would want to play for these coaches?
If I'm on defense I wouldn't come here if my father was alumni.

Every defensive player should sue BVG for lost potential wage.

P.s.
I can't stand law suits and think it's ridiculous but they'd have a legitimate claim against him.

I'm telling you BVG is the worst hire ever and BK might equal they since he supports his BFF.

**** off the both of them

W-L record at ND doesn't affect recruits much similar to USC. The question is what do you do with the recruits.

last night's presser will impact recruiting. Other coaches and schools can survive a 1-3 or a tough go, but at ND it is magnified. The behavior at the presser has to have recruits and parents questioning the state of things.

Reactions: NDskins
Uh, how do you think a blue chipper is going to react when Urban Meyer shows Kelly's presser and asks him "do you want to get thrown under the bus by Kelly or ride with me to the playoffs?"

Uh, how do you think a blue chipper is going to react when Urban Meyer shows Kelly's presser and asks him "do you want to get thrown under the bus by Kelly or ride with me to the playoffs?"
Urban won't even need to get that far. It will be do you want to play for that unorganized cluster **** who won't coach you right, but then blame you for the failures...or do you want coached and I'll do my absolute damnedest to get you the highest pick in the draft possible.

Thx, appreciate it, have a great day.

best guess is we won't have to wait long before the exits begin.

Kelly is in the same position that Weis was in his last year.

He is a lame 'lame duck' coach.

Last edited:
Who cares really! Pretty clear we aren't getting the right kinda players anyway. Does anyone really think that Duke has better recruits than ND? Does MSU have better recruits than ND? Both NO ... but in the end it doesn't matter. We flat out suck

this is where we will get the quick answer to this mess!

if the recruiting goes as it currently is, then
'the end is near' becomes 'the end is here'

its "right kinda guy". It was a phrase BK used when he 1st was hired on the type of kids he recruited and would recruit to ND.

As for recruiting, I think a lot of the guys on board already were sold on ND as an entire package. Certainly winning helps, but where winning helps/hurts is in the guys that haven't decided yet. I'm thinking of guys like CB Thomas Grahmn, who I thought we had a serious shot at. Why would a top 5 DB come here now?

When the recruits jump ship, The Kool-Aid Gang always say they were not the RKG's. Typical of them. Happens every year. On the positive side, you can bet Kelly is not recruiting the RKG's so it really does not matter.

This only hurts recruiting if it ends ugly. I think the recruits see opportunity to play. Especially the defensive line guys. Ewell and Jeter will likely contribute immediately. There are some interesting linebackers in this class too.

Reactions: TBone138
Forget recruiting, I'm worried about players on the team. If I'm Wimbush no way I stick around to let Kelly ruin me. I'd tell him my intention is to transfer out of this circus.

It might help !

Do you think a season with continued losses would help recruiting?

Most look far beyond coaches. You get some when the HC goes but never too many when your defensive coach that has been less than stellar.....sure BK will be talking about the DC search and they will bring in a top guy....

Now here's to hoping he can keep Sanford, and let him call the plays...Please!!!!!
Unless Kelly has completely lost his mind I have to think he's going to spend his time on the defense and leave the offense to the other coaches.

that press conference had to reveal the true character of this man.

He can create (himself or his minnions) a thousand ID's and make feeble sttempts to censure this forum but at the end of the day he is what he is: despicable.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the Golson suspension, the frozen five saga, Lizzy Seeburg, getting killed by Bama, and other miscellaneous things had already killed recruiting several times over. How dead can recruiting actually get?

Hmmm, I was under the impression that the Golson suspension, the frozen five saga, Lizzy Seeburg, getting killed by Bama, and other miscellaneous things had already killed recruiting several times over. How dead can recruiting actually get?

well if you are being sarcastic: (1W and 3L's)
all those things mentioned and things unmentioned were possible factors in recruiting. How bad can recruiting get? Well on the defensive side the effects are being seen on the field. There is a very real talent gap to be a legit contender for a major bowl. And how bad is bad? If ND continues to whiff on DL recruiting then we will let you explain it to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT