ADVERTISEMENT

Does Notre Dame Deserve to be in the Playoffs over Georgia?

Irish '81

Shakes Down The Thunder
Oct 7, 2011
Poll results are surprising. If you consider all the adversity Notre Dame has had to over come with having a very young team, numerous starters with season ending injuries, playing a national schedule, 7 opponent teams with an extra week to prepare, every team wants to beat ND, and then to go 11-1 is remarkable. The national sports media ignores this. Does Notre Dame Deserve to be in the Playoffs over Georgia? There’s more to strength of schedule than won lost records. We couldn’t help that the ACC and USC suck. It’s still tough and we don’t schedule 2 FCS peewee league teams like the SEC teams do. An argument could be made that ND is more deserving than Georgia. Had Notre Dame been dominated by Alabama like Georgia would they still get in? That’s very doubtful. I’m sick of hearing how tough the SEC is. With that said Michigan and Alabama both should have dropped like Notre Dame did and neither might have been in.

Spare me the Georgia definitely deserves to be in over Notre Dame. I’m not saying that at all.

(Not sure what’s going on with the post and where the link to the poll went.)

Last edited:
Reactions: oksd and BC3ND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News