ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed in Chip Long tonight

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
I posted 2 weeks ago if Chip calls a stubborn game it could spell bad news. Stubborn is exactly what he did today. No perimeter runs, screens to big slow wr, no slants, situational calls (i.e deep pass on 4th & 4).

How did ND not develop any of their young, quicker guys to attempt and stretch the defense? Boykin and Claypool are possession receivers. Jafar and Dexter hardly in the game at the same time. Book regressed from that moxy player that would keep on the zone read. I could go on....

Reactions: ZORO50
When your QB does not let the plays develop and looks to run basically from the snap success is unlikely. The play from the QB spot was abyssmal.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I was perplexed at the 3rd and seven run failure. White flag??? Notice the decisions by freshman Lawrence in passing game compared to ND's. Night and day.

I posted 2 weeks ago if Chip calls a stubborn game it could spell bad news. Stubborn is exactly what he did today. No perimeter runs, screens to big slow wr, no slants, situational calls (i.e deep pass on 4th & 4).

How did ND not develop any of their young, quicker guys to attempt and stretch the defense? Boykin and Claypool are possession receivers. Jafar and Dexter hardly in the game at the same time. Book regressed from that moxy player that would keep on the zone read. I could go on....
Long did not lose this game, the players did, 3 points says it all, they had enough chances but did not execute, kudos to Clemson as they were the better team today and that's all that matters.

Long did not lose this game, the players did, 3 points says it all, they had enough chances but did not execute, kudos to Clemson as they were the better team today and that's all that matters.
You weren't obviously watching the same game. Name 1 2nd half adjustment OC Long made to move the ball? The same type of plays called in the 1st were called in the 2nd. No screens, passes on the flats to RB, etc.

When your QB does not let the plays develop and looks to run basically from the snap success is unlikely. The play from the QB spot was abyssmal.
Exactly. This was the most obvious problem. Book simply choked big time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT