ADVERTISEMENT

DIP....son OK?

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
Been wondering how your son fared in the storm. I know you mentioned his area and the possibility of major flooding if the river crested, etc... Kept good thoughts, but now curious whether the threat to his area is over, and how they fared? Hoping for the best.

Reactions: rgc7 and Bodizephax
Sorry for the late reply thank you very much for this brother

My son lost everything but they will rebuild.

My son//, daughter in law/ and grandchildren are now staying at the hunting lease in Franklin County they were told by their insurance company not to expect anything for a couple weeks the water has to recede.

Again thank you very much.

My son//, daughter in law/ and grandchildren are now staying at the hunting lease in Franklin County they were told by their insurance company not to expect anything for a couple weeks the water has to recede.

Well. Sorry beyond words to hear this, but also thankful beyond words they are OK. We have no relatives or friends in the Houston area, and so you and a few others here on the ND board are the only personal connection, beyond what we all feel for our fellow Americans. Thank you for sharing.

Well. Sorry beyond words to hear this, but also thankful beyond words they are OK. We have no relatives or friends in the Houston area, and so you and a few others here on the ND board are the only personal connection, beyond what we all feel for our fellow Americans. Thank you for sharing.
We are now flying my mother out to Nebraska from Florida
Just an unbelievable string of events

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I appreciate that brother

Thank God it was only material stuff they lost

Very true. My mom has a home on the Delaware river in PA, which was flooded after the last NYC hurricane. There were pretty fortunate, but after the river receded they discovered much of their riverfront had been washed away. They actually had significant floods in several consecutive years. On top of everything else, they're a real mess to deal with. There is an ongoing dispute about whether NYC unnecessarily keeps their reservoirs near full capacity, which significantly limits protection against future flooding.

I hope you family finds relief quickly after the waters recede, but I'm sure its a long process.

Last edited:
My brother lives in Houston and had minimal flooding and never lost power. He is very fortunate and I know he and his family have been aiding others.

The response to Harvey overall has shown America at its best!

Poet,
Glad that your family is safe ! That is the most important thing of all !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Praying for everyone effected by Harvey and soon to hit Irma. Be safe everyone.

Reactions: rgc7
Material things can be replaced. I am glad your family is well and safe.

So true, and thank you for the kind words
Headed to pick up my mother in Jacksonville in the morning
She couldn't fly. I don't think I can remember a time the Coast on the US had two large hurricanes strike so close together.

Very sorry to hear that Poet. He has a good dad though, he'll get through it.

Damn Poet, thought it terrible that Irma was causing you to fly your mom to Nebraska. Now you're headed to Florida while a huge evacuation is underway, clogging highways and backing up lines for gas, etc... you're a good dad and son, and I'm sure all of us will be looking forward to hear you managed this safely. Godspeed and take the de-sainted St Christopher along for good measure.

Damn Poet, thought it terrible that Irma was causing you to fly your mom to Nebraska. Now you're headed to Florida while a huge evacuation is underway, clogging highways and backing up lines for gas, etc... you're a good dad and son, and I'm sure all of us will be looking forward to hear you managed this safely. Godspeed and take the de-sainted St Christopher along for good measure.

I still wear the same St Christopher my mother gave me after my first communion
Truth be told the airlines (none of them)wouldn't let my mother bring my father's ashes on the plane and she wasn't leaving them behind.
My wife wanted to leave tonight. . Stopping for fuel in West Memphis and seen the kind words.

Thanks everyone. Im not doing anything more than anyone else would for heir family

Stay safe everyone.
Send prayers to FLA
Go Irish

PS you Dawgs that are not heading to South Bend.......stay safe if your near Savannah

Last edited:
Our son was born three and a half months premature, weighed one pound eight ounces, had heart surgery when he was two days old, and a stroke his first week alive that resulted in Cerbral Palsy. He came home after three months in the neonatal intensive care unit at a whopping four pounds, and my wife gave me a gold St Christopher medal on that day to celebrate, knowing my fondness for the patron saint of safe travels, and the fact we named our son Christopher. He's a happily married thirty four yr old succcessful accountant who is marginally ambulatory and a source of inspiration and pride, whose dad has worn that St.
Christopher everyday since.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Our son was born three and a half months premature, weighed one pound eight ounces, had heart surgery when he was two days old, and a stroke his first week alive that resulted in Cerbral Palsy. He came home after three months in the neonatal intensive care unit at a whopping four pounds, and my wife gave me a gold St Christopher medal on that day to celebrate, knowing my fondness for the patron saint of safe travels, and the fact we named our son Christopher. He's a happily married thirty four yr old succcessful accountant who is marginally ambulatory and a source of inspiration and pride, whose dad has worn that St.
Christopher everyday since.
That is an inspiring story of faith, love, and Trust thank you for sharing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT