ADVERTISEMENT

Difference between ND and MSU

What a thought provoking post.

Seems like you dont like facts
ND will never win or compete for NC with this defense and current DC. Expect to lose to anyone who has a pulse next year as well

We will not beat anyone with equal or better talent unless we make drastic moves on that side of the ball. Step1 get rid of the current DC and replace him with one of these guys

Ed orgeron
Gene chizik
Will muschamp (do we want two maniacs on the sideline?)
Geff collins (florida)
Jermey pruitt

Offer them 2mil+

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
I don't mind facts. You just stated the blatantly obvious.
There isn't much new to discuss this time of year as we are left spectating teams who are fighting for the final spots. We had our chances. The stars just didn't align this year. Unfortunately watching teams heading into the final four with being so close this year it magnifies some sad cold facts, I.e. a bad defense.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
The fact that impressed me was MSU had a three man rush and still brought a ton of pressure and forced the fumble by the Iowa QB. Our inability to bring pressure hurt us all season long, and put the DBs in terrible position, and we all worried about this before the season began.

Reactions: 57Patrick
ND vs Stanford 1st and 10 from 27 w/ 25 sec left.. 2 plays FG range game over

MSU vs Iowa 1st and 10 from 25 w/ 22 sec to go... 2 plays 0 yards gained by Iowa game over

MSU plays defense

Rather meaningless comparison without a further comparative tool to compare Iowa and Stanford offenses. Certainly Iowa's passing game is not regarded as very dynamic.

Rather meaningless comparison without a further comparative tool to compare Iowa and Stanford offenses. Certainly Iowa's passing game is not regarded as very dynamic.

The eye test says stanford could not get it done against msu but iowa could get it done against ND defense if we switched opponents with msu

The fact that impressed me was MSU had a three man rush and still brought a ton of pressure and forced the fumble by the Iowa QB. Our inability to bring pressure hurt us all season long, and put the DBs in terrible position, and we all worried about this before the season began.
Stanford's O-Line is a million times better than Iowa. Not a fair comparison, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same exact thing as I was watching Iowa get shut down the final 27 seconds. Of course, Iowa isn't Stanford and Iowa had no time outs left and Stanford did. And Iowa didn't get help with an extra free 15 like Stanford did.

Reactions: JY09
Hey I was totally pissed at the defense as well, particularly the last drive at Stanford, but this comparison is stupid

ND will never win or compete for NC with this defense and current DC. Expect to lose to anyone who has a pulse next year as well

We will not beat anyone with equal or better talent unless we make drastic moves on that side of the ball. Step1 get rid of the current DC and replace him with one of these guys

Ed orgeron
Gene chizik
Geff collins (florida)
Jermey pruitt

Offer them 2mil+
Well since Muschamp is now a head coach he's off the list. $2mil for a cordinator? Breh you jumped off the deep end with that one... ND won't even pay $1mill for one...

Ed orgeron
Gene chizik
Geff collins (florida)
Jermey pruitt

Offer them 2mil+
You lost all credibility with Orgeron. The guy is a tool.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND: offense-defense
MSU: defense-offense

if behind late you want to be ND
if you lead late you want to be MSU
MSU won two games this year in which they didn't lead once during the entire game (meaning they scored on the last play). Granted one was on a special teams play but the other was against the #2 scoring D in the country. Last night they ate up the last 10 minutes of the game on a 22 play game winning TD drive. Those 3 games mentioned were against ranked teams with all 3 ranked top 10 late into the season (with 2 still being in). The actual results appear to show that MSU was better when down late...but I wouldn't let facts get in the way of your argument I guess.

ah, your facts are a single final season ending drive?

don't let thought stop you from posting.

ah, your facts are a single final season ending drive?

don't let thought stop you from posting.
No...my facts were 3 games against 3 TOP 10 teams (2 that are still in the top 10, 1 who is still top 15) in which they came from behind in the last 22 seconds or less. I mentioned 3 games kiddo. They also came from behind on #15 Oregon in the 4th quarter...that is 4 against top 15 teams

Please state the come from behind victories (late in the game) by ND this year against teams of note...I will be willing to concede the point if you can state actual facts...are you able to do that?

Last edited:
Iowa specializes in developing O-Linemen. People on here saying they don't have a comparable line aren't very knowledgeable. Their offensive system is almost identical to Stanford.

Join the Ivy league then.

Why are you here? You obviously don't like anything about ND or what it stands for. You don't like the coach. You don't like the administration. You don't like the schedules. You don't like the players. Seriously, go hang out on the Ohio St. or Alabama boards. I'm sure that they would appreciate a sunshine pumper like you.

All of these Michigan fans on an ND board----absolutely hilarious. Lol!

well, where are the UM fans to go?
well, what are they to do?
well, what have they to discuss (they mentally block out the trashing by tOSU)

they have nothing to edify so their only recourse is to be disruptive

All of these Michigan fans on an ND board----absolutely hilarious. Lol!
They are still having nightmares over 31-0. Coming to this board and pretending to have something to say is therapy. Let's be gracious and let them have their couch time.
Besides that, their very presence is a constant reminder of the ass kicking they received the last time they played ND.

Ed orgeron
Gene chizik
Geff collins (florida)
Jermey pruitt

Offer them 2mil+
who is the other maniac ?

The big play vs stanford had nothing to do with a lack of pressure. It was a 3 step drop quick pass slant on ANOTHER F'N BLOWN COVERAGE. Don't get me wrong we didn't have great pressure this year, but sooooo many blown coverages this year. That's a bad combination.

All you need to know is this. BVG is running an aggressive D that doesn't get to the QB or cause turnovers. NOT A GOOD COMBO

Why are you here? You obviously don't like anything about ND or what it stands for. You don't like the coach. You don't like the administration. You don't like the schedules. You don't like the players. Seriously, go hang out on the Ohio St. or Alabama boards. I'm sure that they would appreciate a sunshine pumper like you.

He probably does, and then thinks he's being funny coming over here to pretend to be an ND fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT