ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight is the latest POS

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Player of Selfishness.

Recruiting is a terrible responsibility for a head coach. Highly frustrating and yet can be rewarding. And it’s frustrating because of kids like Knight, Bowen, Moore and Keely

Let’s start with 3 fundamental premises-
1- some kids of that age are immature, fickle and selfish. They get a pass, unless….
2- the above is never an excuse for not being honest and communicating truthfully with a head coach he put ND in a difficult spot
3- Parents have abdicated their responsibility to raise a child with values and manners

Regarding #2
Deuce was in contact with ND staff n recruits multiple times last month and the night before he flipped to Auburn saying he was committed

He is on record countless times saying he will never flip and that his mother values commitment and staying true to your word. Which brings us to

Take the money and leave your values behind momma.

I am personally glad he is gone. I just despise liars and scammers hence my post.

Talent is nice. But not every young boy can be good at football.
However, Every young boy has the ability to become a true man. Being a man is a whole higher level than being good at sport. Every young boy has the ability and should aspire to being the best person - the best man - they can be. Deuce fails big time

Last edited:
Reactions: wi_hoosier
Not for nothing but I think Carr is a better true quarterback.
Deuce is an athletically gifted player but that’s as far as it goes.
Maybe I’m wrong Jmo.

ND fans should in nowise be disappointed. You can't lose something you never had. And Deuce Knight was never a commit. He used Notre Dame as a high value prop. He had a reservation where you pay on arrival...like Booking.Com does. You know, save a space, then find out where you really want to go...like Auburn.

Player of Selfishness.

Recruiting is a terrible responsibility for a head coach. Highly frustrating and yet can be rewarding. And it’s frustrating because of kids like Knight, Bowen, Moore and Keely

Let’s start with 3 fundamental premises-
1- some kids of that age are immature, fickle and selfish. They get a pass, unless….
2- the above is never an excuse for not being honest and communicating truthfully with a head coach he put ND in a difficult spot
3- Parents have abdicated their responsibility to raise a child with values and manners

Regarding #2
Deuce was in contact with ND staff n recruits multiple times last month and the night before he flipped to Auburn saying he was committed

He is on record countless times saying he will never flip and that his mother values commitment and staying true to your word. Which brings us to

Take the money and leave your values behind momma.

I am personally glad he is gone. I just despise liars and scammers hence my post.

Talent is nice. But not every young boy can be good at football.
However, Every young boy has the ability to become a true man. Being a man is a whole higher level than being good at sport. Every young boy has the ability and should aspire to being the best person - the best man - they can be. Deuce fails big time
Ski…the flip doesn’t bother or surprise me. Going to five straight Auburn games was more than telling, and whether for money or promise to start, etc… it doesn’t matter. What does matter is being honest and forthright, and Deuce was neither with ND and Freeman in particular. Character does matter, and the character of our existing QB room is seemingly outstanding and better sans Deuce.

I dont disagree with what guys are saying here. However, 2 things can be true at the same time... a recruit can have serious character flaws, but is the type of talent you need to win a championship.

I for one am very disappointed Knight isn't coming and losing him to Auburn is just a horrible look. But there's nothing anyone can do. Focus on getting the next guy and hopefully this is all a blessing in disguise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT