ADVERTISEMENT

Denbrock

You have to can freeman first to see if he’s the issue… the offense has looked the same the last 3 years with 3 different OCs

Makes it painfully obvious it’s freeman

Reactions: DublinND
What I don’t like is that he never sets anything up for later in the game. For example, how many times are we going to run the jailbreak screen to Beaux Collins without ever faking it in order to try to hit somebody deep? Also I hate that his offense is 100% out of the shot gun.

Reactions: theskibro
I think in two games we have thrown maybe 3 passes more then 30 yards? Makes playing defense alot easier.

That QB at LSU made all that happen by himself….Denbrock was just drooling on the sideline.

You have to can freeman first to see if he’s the issue… the offense has looked the same the last 3 years with 3 different OCs

Correct. Freeman is the one constant

Makes it painfully obvious that our talent level at the receiver position is shit and has been for several years. Same ole problem every year.

Reactions: Vairish84
Makes it painfully obvious that our talent level at the receiver position is shit and has been for several years. Same ole problem every year.
wr wasn’t good today but other than greathouse awful drop they played ok… our wrs route concepts are terrible and our qb can only throw a screen or 5 yard out

You really think MF is involved in the offense? 😂😂 dude wants nothing to do with it

You really think MF is involved in the offense? 😂😂 dude wants nothing to do with it
Denbrock is the worse offensive coordinator i have ever seen . His offense too simple lacks imagination no under center, no deep passing game , no reverses , no tight end , no counters , no draw plays , and his offense is too quarterback dependent .

Reactions: scubastevefl
Denbrock is the worse offensive coordinator i have ever seen . His offense too simple lacks imagination no under center, no deep passing game , no reverses , no tight end , no counters , no draw plays , and his offense is too quarterback dependent .
He was O coordinator at Cincinnati when they beat ND enroute to a 12-0 season and CFP appearance. Jayden Daniels was nothing special at ASU . He transfers to LSU plays for Denbrock and becomes a Heisman trophy winner in 1 yr. Denbrock works for Freeman. He has to execute the game plan the HC wants. The primary issue is the HC who favors a Woody Hayes O philosophy in the modern era of CF. We've seen this woefully inept O performance against cupcakes all 3 yrs under this HC with 3 different O coordinators . Along with 3 different qbs. There's only one common theme

What I don’t like is that he never sets anything up for later in the game. For example, how many times are we going to run the jailbreak screen to Beaux Collins without ever faking it in order to try to hit somebody deep? Also I hate that his offense is 100% out of the shot gun.
Leonard can't throw deep.

I wont' deny Denbrock called a bad game yesterday. Unlike week 1, he didn't protect RL and this offensive line. Week 1, they did everything quick to take the pressure off of RL and this offensive line. My guess is they overestimated how difficult it would be to open up the passing game and called for longer developing pass plays. They should have stayed w/ the run and quick passing game, as they did in week 1. That likely would have eliminated the two turnovers and lead to a least one more score.

The fact is we are waaay overrated. Our QB is a good runner who can't throw. Our receivers can't get separation or take the cover off the defense, average at best. Our TE is hurt, our OLine is inexperienced and our DLine doesn't get any push. And and our tackling is once again bad. There you have, another year of "we ain't good enough" "we ain't talented enough" now go ahead and add coaching to thus soup, and you get yesterday. Possibly the most embarrassing loss in ND Football history

And as far as our WRs go, this is with a pretty damn good haul of portal additions. And they immediately move to the top of the depth chart, as well as a lacrosse player who walks on and is basically our best WR as a true frosh off the bat.

So our WR situation is not good. And this includes our not yet signed current recruiting class, which is totally underwhelming thus far. I sincerely hoped/believed we could run the table or go 11-1 and make the playoff. And that little vision seemingly has been shattered to pieces by week two, and the ugly reality of our offense is stark for all to see. But maybe we will go on a run just the same.

The season seemed to have two extreme possibilites in play: On the one hand, the Perfect Storm, which is basically Murphy's Law on steroids....and on the other hand....Lightening in a Bottle; where this is truly a magical season capped off by a national title run. We got the former...in Faustian style. I recall about 6 minutes to go...with ND at about their own 40, 2nd and 1 with about 6 minutes to play. Who with football acumen throws the ball 20+ yards downfield in coverage rather than earn the 1st down? That play is Kelly vs. Tulsa. I say Faustian because I saw a team as ill prepared to play NIU as Notre Dame was against Miami in 1986. Not comparing teams....just the lack of preparation on both sides of the ball. NIU figured out Leonard early. Its apparent they studied the TAMU tapes very well and chalked around the weaknesses. To have both cooridinators so ill prepared at the same time was something I would not have seen coming. But then again....This is the Perfect Storm. Notre Dame won't win a Natty unless something very drastic with an upward arrow happens. My recommendation? Go after Dabo after this season. He's due for another Natty run. It might as well happen at Notre Dame.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT