ADVERTISEMENT

Deion Colzie Commits To Notre Dame!

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Absolutely massive, congrats to the team and staff. I had my doubts about Rees but I have to say, so far so good.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Great commitment for the Irish ! Lots of potential here. Really good player. An athletic big receiver which we do really well with. This is a big commitment.

Jayden Thomas is next at wr

Then go all in on the cream of the crop, Donte Thornton

Agreed, if he actually signs the letter, he will be on transfer watch from day one.
Nope....

He regretted is decommitment from day 1 and was recruited by a lot of programs, including hometown UGA, but never pulled the trigger because deep down inside he felt he messed up by decommitting from ND. His mother REALLY wanted him at ND too. And he is close friends with Jayden Thomas, and train together, and they both will be at ND together.

This is exactly the opposite of what you two are saying, the kid is probably one of the top ND sure things in the class as for signing with ND.

You guys should really educate yourselves before just posting the first thing that pops in your heads.

Nope....

He regretted is decommitment from day 1 and was recruited by a lot of programs, including hometown UGA, but never pulled the trigger because deep down inside he felt he messed up by decommitting from ND. His mother REALLY wanted him at ND too. And he is close friends with Jayden Thomas, and train together, and they both will be at ND together.

This is exactly the opposite of what you two are saying, the kid is probably one of the top ND sure things in the class as for signing with ND.

You guys should really educate yourselves before just posting the first thing that pops in your heads.
"educate ourselves" ..... does that mean paying more attention to the thoughts and actions of High School kids?.... if so, I'll pass.

Glad to hear he is solid in your mind and I have no reason to doubt your opinion.... I hope he sticks it through this time and is a great contributor to the team. If he changes his mind, that's cool as well.

"educate ourselves" ..... does that mean paying more attention to the thoughts and actions of High School kids?.... if so, I'll pass.

Glad to hear he is solid in your mind and I have no reason to doubt your opinion.... I hope he sticks it through this time and is a great contributor to the team. If he changes his mind, that's cool as well.

Considering that you have an account on a football recruiting website (Rivals)......that's a pretty dumb stance to take.

Considering that you have an account on a football recruiting website (Rivals)......that's a pretty dumb stance to take.
Is it? I come here for the football related stuff..... If/when Deion plays, I will seek out information about him and the team here. I gave up on concerning myself with high school kids a long time ago.... no need to worry about their decision.

Again, as Farley pointed out I need to "educate myself" on how solid a kid is in his commitment (second time I think) ... that is fair... I just think I will pass on researching to that level.

Glad he is committed (again), hope he signs, hope he does well. Carry on.

Mike
I don’t know what u did to get Colzie back but keep it up.

Nope....

Farly

I wuv when u bitch smack posters. Keep it up. It’s like u complement them n then when they let down their guard. BOOM Baby

Is it? I come here for the football related stuff..... If/when Deion plays, I will seek out information about him and the team here. I gave up on concerning myself with high school kids a long time ago.... no need to worry about their decision.

Again, as Farley pointed out I need to "educate myself" on how solid a kid is in his commitment (second time I think) ... that is fair... I just think I will pass on researching to that level.

Glad he is committed (again), hope he signs, hope he does well. Carry on.

Is it dumb to join a football recruiting website....and then proclaim that you don't care about recruiting?

The question literally answers itself.

Is it dumb to join a football recruiting website....and then proclaim that you don't care about recruiting?

The question literally answers itself.
I get your point, but acting like this page/forum is only for recruiting is narrowminded... I get you are trying to prove a point so you only see it one way... but to say the only thing talked about on here is HS recruits is wrong.

Once again, I feel silly for having to apologize for not following the intentions and actions of 17 year old's well enough. I was heavy into recruiting up until I was older than the recruits..... now I understand they are just kids. Please forgive me Fried.

Agreed, if he actually signs the letter, he will be on transfer watch from day one.

There we go -- way to celebrate a young man's decision. Ever think he may have regretted the initial decision, and took time and maybe thought about where he wanted to spend the next 3-5 years?

Nah -- easier to rag on the kid. Of course, you have always made stellar decisions that you never looked back and regretted from.

I get your point, but acting like this page/forum is only for recruiting is narrowminded... I get you are trying to prove a point so you only see it one way... but to say the only thing talked about on here is HS recruits is wrong.

Once again, I feel silly for having to apologize for not following the intentions and actions of 17 year old's well enough. I was heavy into recruiting up until I was older than the recruits..... now I understand they are just kids. Please forgive me Fried.

Do whatever you want.

Just don't bristle so hard when people point out the obvious stupidity of joining a football recruiting website...and then "poopoo'ing" recruiting.

And you're older than all the players on the team? Do you still follow the season?

Reactions: FriedmanIP
And you're older than all the players on the team? Do you still follow the season?
Silly question..... yes of course I do... I like and follow the team... not kids that may or may not be on the team....

I dont invest any of my time, outside of reading the high level highlights (like this), into high school players...... really isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Expected for a while. Colzie is a good get. I'll be curious to see if he can add an extra gear while he's at Notre Dame, as he fills out. He's a 4.5 and change guy at the moment. I'd like to see him get down in the mid 4.4 range like Claypool and Boykin did, so he gets behind man coverage a little easier.

Really nice WR class overall. Obviously, you go for broke with Dont'e Thornton, but you still have a top 7 WR class even if that doesn't work out and with Mokiao-Atimala still on the board, and able to play on either side of the ball (along with Theran Johnson) this class of WRs was exactly what they needed in terms of a talent influx.

Overall, trending towards a class that will finish in the #12-#15 range, with quite a few guys that could be major contributors down the road.

A couple prospects short of what ND wanted, I'm sure, but overall, not so bad.

Guys I hope they recruit until the bitter end...

Titus-Mokiao Atimalala
Donovan Edwards
Ceyair Wright
Garrett Dellinger
Wyatt Milum
Caleb Johnson

Yoy never know how a season may go and how that might help you get back in on someone.

Silly question..... yes of course I do... I like and follow the team... not kids that may or may not be on the team....

I dont invest any of my time, outside of reading the high level highlights (like this), into high school players...... really isn't a hard concept to grasp.
I think it's difficult to set expectations for a team without understanding what they've done recruiting.

I rarely get too excited or lose sleep over a recruit, there have been a few instances but not many. With that said, almost every team has weaknesses. Recruiting/transfers/development are needed to fix them. Example, I have a really good grasp at who is at corner position, what i thought of their potential before getting to nd, then I can evaluate them when they get on the field despite not one of them getting meaningful minutes for ND at corner last year other than bracy.

Personally, i'd hate to have a player go in and be like "who the heck is that".

I think it's difficult to set expectations for a team without understanding what they've done recruiting.

I rarely get too excited or lose sleep over a recruit, there have been a few instances but not many. With that said, almost every team has weaknesses. Recruiting/transfers/development are needed to fix them. Example, I have a really good grasp at who is at corner position, what i thought of their potential before getting to nd, then I can evaluate them when they get on the field despite not one of them getting meaningful minutes for ND at corner last year other than bracy.

Personally, i'd hate to have a player go in and be like "who the heck is that".
I agree with that. Like I said, I keep a super high level eye on recruiting.... who is coming, who all the 'experts' like, etc.... but when a kid decommits, I am not surprised.... now the same kid committed again.... ok, cool.... but like my original comment said... "fool me once...."

Really seem to touched some nerves here with the recruiting gurus.

I don't fathom all the negative bashing on a kid's decision to back off the first time because covid was so new and frightening. I actually thought more kids would stay closer to home. That being said, congratulations Mr. Colzie. Welcome to ND. You will not regret the choice. Certainly don't listen to negative posts by negative people. Your mama knows best.

I agree with that. Like I said, I keep a super high level eye on recruiting.... who is coming, who all the 'experts' like, etc.... but when a kid decommits, I am not surprised.... now the same kid committed again.... ok, cool.... but like my original comment said... "fool me once...."

Really seem to touched some nerves here with the recruiting gurus.
Just FYI, I'm going to explain why these comments are so annoying, because you are definitely not the only one who does this. Honestly, the following is not intended to berate you, but you also triggered my biggest pet peeve on this board, so I'm gonna rant a bit.

Notre Dame football recruiting consumes about 50% of the threads on this board. This is a recruiting board and many people join this board to learn more about how recruiting is going year to year. The recruiting insight on this board is by far the #1 value add that this board provides. With that, there are posters on this board that work hard to provide us updates on how recruiting is going. So when you come in and say "I don't trust this kid," with absolutely 0 knowledge of what the backstory is, it can be pretty annoying.

Like you said, you don't follow recruiting, so why post at all in this thread? Your post adds absolutely 0 credibility, insight, or added value to the thread (In fact it kind fo derailed the thread).

Besides on field wins, recruiting wins are the biggest stories we get on this board. And in every commitment thread, there is at least one person who says "I'll wait till signing day" (I understand these were not the words you used). Every single person who makes that post is just a giant wet blanket on what is supposed to be a celebratory thread.

So the next time there is an opportunity to be a downer in a celebratory thread on a topic where you have no level of expertise, just remember that its ok to just STFU and not post.

Just FYI, I'm going to explain why these comments are so annoying, because you are definitely not the only one who does this. Honestly, the following is not intended to berate you, but you also triggered my biggest pet peeve on this board, so I'm gonna rant a bit.

Notre Dame football recruiting consumes about 50% of the threads on this board. This is a recruiting board and many people join this board to learn more about how recruiting is going year to year. The recruiting insight on this board is by far the #1 value add that this board provides. With that, there are posters on this board that work hard to provide us updates on how recruiting is going. So when you come in and say "I don't trust this kid," with absolutely 0 knowledge of what the backstory is, it can be pretty annoying.

Like you said, you don't follow recruiting, so why post at all in this thread? Your post adds absolutely 0 credibility, insight, or added value to the thread (In fact it kind fo derailed the thread).

Besides on field wins, recruiting wins are the biggest stories we get on this board. And in every commitment thread, there is at least one person who says "I'll wait till signing day" (I understand these were not the words you used). Every single person who makes that post is just a giant wet blanket on what is supposed to be a celebratory thread.

So the next time there is an opportunity to be a downer in a celebratory thread on a topic where you have no level of expertise, just remember that its ok to just STFU and not post.
I 100% get what you are saying and cant say I dont agree with any of it..... I guess I simply added one comment (fool me once...) and was called uneducated for it because I dont know (admittingly) the ins and out of this kids thoughts..... I thought that if that in fact makes me 'uneducated' I dont want to get educated because I frankly dont care about what a kids mom thinks..... gave up worrying about who commits and decommits a long time ago.

I 100% get what you are saying and cant say I dont agree with any of it..... I guess I simply added one comment (fool me once...) and was called uneducated for it because I dont know (admittingly) the ins and out of this kids thoughts..... I thought that if that in fact makes me 'uneducated' I dont want to get educated because I frankly dont care about what a kids mom thinks..... gave up worrying about who commits and decommits a long time ago.
Totally understood, but again this website is run because people are paid money to educate themselves and get into the mindsets of teenagers. That's part of the game we play. If you don't like it, that is more than understandable. Like I always say "fan" is short for "fanatical" for a reason. We dig deep here and I would definitely say that the healthier minded people should probably stay clear sometimes.

But in reality, people on this message board have been waiting to see what happens to Colzie since he decommitted 6 months ago. And honestly they don't want the first post on his commit thread to be "Fool me once."

Reactions: nemeth#5
Totally understood, but again this website is run because people are paid money to educate themselves and get into the mindsets of teenagers. That's part of the game we play. If you don't like it, that is more than understandable. Like I always say "fan" is short for "fanatical" for a reason. We dig deep here and I would definitely say that the healthier minded people should probably stay clear sometimes.

But in reality, people on this message board have been waiting to see what happens to Colzie since he decommitted 6 months ago. And honestly they don't want the first post on his commit thread to be "Fool me once."
Fair enough...

My comparison for him is ESB. He even has the long loping strides. He has ESB'S length and catch radius. If ESB had the QB that Boyking and Claypool had, he would have been a 60 catch receiver.

Colzie should own the possession receiver spot by the time he is a true Sophomore. Brunelle is his competition.

Reactions: theskibro
This guy is “magic” on the field. A wizard with an astute nose for the End Zone. I hope ND lands him.

There we go -- way to celebrate a young man's decision. Ever think he may have regretted the initial decision, and took time and maybe thought about where he wanted to spend the next 3-5 years?

Nah -- easier to rag on the kid. Of course, you have always made stellar decisions that you never looked back and regretted from.

Has any graduate ever said the words,. "I regret my decision to attend Notre Dame?".

I've never heard that. Surely some football players are unable to work well with the Notre Dame coaching staff. But Notre Dame is a school from which everyone is proud to have graduated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT