ADVERTISEMENT

Dead Program

the sadest time for a fan is when the ovbvious becomes apparent to the point of 'belief' and you enter that "lame duck' period.

the sadest time for a fan is when the ovbvious becomes apparent to the point of 'belief' and you enter that "lame duck' period.
Could be a long lame duck period. Regression back to the mean of last 20 yrs. ND is heading back to the wilderness of CFB. Dye was cast with the BVG hire.

I believe this is exactly the problem at ND. The whole administration needs to agree that championship football is important to the university. They're making too much money from becoming a shrine to their past glories and being an academic institution.
I have not bought any ND stuff in five years and will not until ND wins another natty. Guess I never will. I hate what the administration has done to my team the last twenty years

Reactions: HuddleBurger
I have not bought any ND stuff in five years and will not until ND wins another natty. Guess I never will. I hate what the administration has done to my team the last twenty years
Why would anyone want to spend money on hotels and meals just to see Stanford embarrass ND. I won't even watch it live. I won't waste my time.

Regardless of where they come from Stanford has a lot of "lower ranked" players that just play tough.. they are hard nosed players. We just don't see that except for 1 or 2 players.
Player development is key.
Once the 4 and 5 star kids arrive on campus the clock starts all over again. Gotta work with them, just can't coast.
FWIW, in Diantonios early years his recruiting was going up against schools like bowling Green and western Kentucky, not Michigan and OSU. They know how to develop players.

Reactions: Java65
Player development is key.
Once the 4 and 5 star kids arrive on campus the clock starts all over again. Gotta work with them, just can't coast.
FWIW, in Diantonios early years his recruiting was going up against schools like bowling Green and western Kentucky, not Michigan and OSU. They know how to develop players.
They get developed back into 2 star kids.

Reactions: Java65
I live about 15 mins from NCSU and was so excited to go see them here in Raleigh... now I'm not even going to go. I stopped buying any ND merchandise about 3 years ago and I'm just about done watching them on TV.

Nothing will change until ND feels it in the pocketbook

Reactions: dagimpper1

As I said 2 weeks ago, It's called a death spiral. We're in it. Not much can be done now. Talent level on defense is not what people think. Kelly will be gone at the end of next season by mutual agreement. Just have to wait.

As I said 2 weeks ago, It's called a death spiral. We're in it. Not much can be done now. Talent level on defense is not what people think. Kelly will be gone at the end of next season by mutual agreement. Just have to wait.
I agree we don't have elite talent on defense but the talent level is much better than the product on the field.

I do agree the earliest Kelly will be gone is after next season unless they have a horrendous (3-5 wins) season this year. Either way next season probably won't be great because I fully expect Kizer to go to the NFL>

I live about 15 mins from NCSU and was so excited to go see them here in Raleigh... now I'm not even going to go. I stopped buying any ND merchandise about 3 years ago and I'm just about done watching them on TV.

Win or lose that cash just keeps rolling in.

Great. If ND picks the school up and moves it to California maybe that can happen. Whenever this discussion comes up I think location and the fact that the home state recruiting has a ton of talent allows Stanford to be competitive despite the tough admissions.
I think there is some true to this. ND does get a lot of 4 star recruits but the higher rated 4 stars normally stays at home if the home team is in the Top 25.

I'm out. Get pissed off and can't sleep till 2- 3 am . Not worth it bc frankly they don't give a damn. Gravy train with biscuit wheels money wise is all they care about and of course their holier than thou above reproach attitude. Hope they start seeing big hits financially football wise. They're great at promoting a false promise re. ND football. 20 yrs is a long time to run a con. Hopefully they'll start to see defections in the ranks bc imo they hv completely exploited the loyalty and patience of ND football fans.

When was the last time MI State out recruited ND, according to the so called experts? ND had the most talented players on the field last night, but Dantonio had the best team. ND's defense was outmuscled and out schemed. ND's Offense was out schemed on many occasions. Having said this, You can win a National Championship at ND. ND tries to balance competition with academic integrity. That's what makes this university special. At the end of the day, even though MSU outplayed ND, the game came down to stupid penalties and turnovers.

The University is probably busy pushing their "God, Country, Notre Dame" t-shirts and watching the money roll in. Those fit perfectly with their holier-than-thou approach which has nothing to do with actual football success. As fans it's up to us to see through the ruse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT