ADVERTISEMENT

Davaris Daniels Combine

1Red

TOS has started a Combine thread.

I think when the combine results are seen and the draft projections are made, many fans point out the flaw in the star system, citing how 3 or 4 star prospects are rising. Well it is 3-4 years later and in many cases it reflects who matured physically, who developed technique, and who took 3 years off and got fat or lazy. Talent still relies on heart, commitment and desire.

DAVARUS might have trouble getting any snaps at Notre Dame this year.

His speed and explosiveness puts him behind everybody .

^^^^^^^ delusional comment. Rarely did DD drop passes. Robinson and Fuller likely combined to lead the nation in drops last season. DD was a helluva college WR. Most of you are the Al Davis types and would draft a guy solely off of his 4.45 sec. 40-yard dash.

I wouldn't even run the 40 at the combine. From what I understand, you get up at 330am to catch a flight. You get about 3 hrs of sleep the next few nights, then you do the physical exercises. Hear the food is terrible too.

DD had his own faults, one of which was not being able to stay in good standing with the university. You wouldn't draft Fuller over DD? Your the type that would have been cleaning Al Davis' bathrooms. Arse.

I'm laugh on Winston. Daniels is better than Winston.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NDsince35:
DAVARUS might have trouble getting any snaps at Notre Dame this year.

His speed and explosiveness puts him behind everybody .
I agree 35, but I was mocked for saying so a few months ago!

I think that is one of the reasons he left. Who would he have jumped in front of at ND after a year away? Fuller... No way. Robinson... Doubt it. Brown... maybe, but I don't think so. Hunter... doubt it too. Procise... Nope. Carlisle... Nope. There wasn't many snaps for DD on ND's roster assuming everyone else continues to develop.

I think he'll have a tough time getting drafted, but he might make a practice squad somewhere.

skill/talent aside returning him was a risk at best; he had not demonstrated consistency nor was he reliable as a go to guy.
WR is loaded w/o him; and better the position posesses winning mentality.

Daniels played pretty well against Alabama's talented defense (6 catches, 115 yds). He looked like he belonged on the field that night (one of our few offensive players who did). I think he'll make it in the NFL. Jerry Rice had a mediocre 40 time, and it didn't seem to hurt him too much.

Huh?? He wouldn't play over Chris Brown? Huh? He wouldn't play over Hunter?? What? Dude has 2-3 catches, DD would have been the #1 this year, Fuller is the only one with an argument.

Originally posted by bizzybecknd:
Huh?? He wouldn't play over Chris Brown? Huh? He wouldn't play over Hunter?? What? Dude has 2-3 catches, DD would have been the #1 this year, Fuller is the only one with an argument.
You have to take position into account. That puts only Fuller, Brown & Robinson as reasonable spots for him. Then you cannot assume he steps right back into the offense like he played against 'Bama. A year off is huge. I don't think it would be as easy as many think.

MT98

you are correct.
and then there is the matter of trust; does the staff impede the development and progress of one of the other WR's with more years to go for a guy who is one and done, has been a bit inconsistent and then there is the other baggage.

In '13 Daniels had 49 catches for 745 yards averaging 15.2 yds per reception...

With 7 TD's he averaged 1 TD per 7 catches....

In '12 he had 31 receptions averaging 15.8 yards...

I wish we still had him.

DD was a distraction more often than he was a blessing on the field. I wish the kid the best, but it was good for both parties for him to move on. Kelly needs to invest his resources in smart returns. DD was not a safe bet.

The main things I liked about DD were his size (difficult for a small DB to cover) and his connection with Golson. Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seemed to me like he and EG just kinda understood each other and worked well together. Remember the ridiculous scramble at the end of regulation in the Pitt game in '12? Golson ran around for, like, 8 seconds and then finally found DD way downfield for a huge first down?

Originally posted by perseverare:
DF is being seen as a TE, right? that actually is ok for a TE.
Funchess is not really a tight end and not really a wide receiver. He is a sort of hybrid.

Originally posted by mbd11:
Daniels played pretty well against Alabama's talented defense (6 catches, 115 yds). He looked like he belonged on the field that night (one of our few offensive players who did). I think he'll make it in the NFL. Jerry Rice had a mediocre 40 time, and it didn't seem to hurt him too much.
He also recently admitted to cheating.

Maybe not the best one to compare DD to :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT