ADVERTISEMENT

Dante Moore recruitment, like most, is complicated

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
In this new era of nil recruitment everything has become complicated. I wonder if we are able to legit compete given the money grab

I was kind of stunned to read a UM writer come right out and say “You gotta do everything you can to lock him in, get him the greatest NIL deal of all time.”

He is the top recruit for UM. Do we have a legit shot here?

Quinn Ewers got 3 million in NIL for 2 snaps at Ohio State. Spencer Rattler got at least a million plus two high-end cars while at Oklahoma. Both are headed for new locations. You can pay them to get them but are they worth it.

• Wow
Reactions: Weisnheimer
The whole nil apparatus is a mess. Mark Emmert should be fired and a NCAA reform committee should be set up to control this monster. To answer the question about Dante Moore, the prospects are bleak.

Reactions: mbd11
The whole nil apparatus is a mess. Mark Emmert should be fired and a NCAA reform committee should be set up to control this monster. To answer the question about Dante Moore, the prospects are bleak.
If you can bribe him he doesn’t belong in Notre Dame. The character of an individual is very important. So many players think they belong in the NFL, and find out they can’t fit

Moore isn't the end all,be all for ND to succeed. I think Arnold would be equal for the task. Nico is smart enough for ND but bigger dogs will toss bigger bones at him.

Moore isn't the end all,be all for ND to succeed. I think Arnold would be equal for the task. Nico is smart enough for ND but bigger dogs will toss bigger bones at him.
from watching podcasts and reading other boards it seems like we have a very good shot with Arnold from TX if we push hard. were probably getting Peyton Bowen from his team on friday and so that has to help a little if they are good friends

Reactions: Weisnheimer
If you can bribe him he doesn’t belong in Notre Dame. The character of an individual is very important. So many players think they belong in the NFL, and find out they can’t fit

Sorry about my previous post as I know nothing about you and I certainly wasn’t trying to be demeaning in what I said. It just irritates me when I hear things like “doesn’t have the character.”

1) We know absolutely nothing about this kid from a personal standpoint. Him going to UM wouldn’t make him a bad kid. Just a kid who hopefully made the best choice for himself based on his situation. Scheme/Development/Previous success rate/Major, ETC…

2) Do great people make ND or does ND make great people? I hope it’s a little of both, but IMO it should slant more towards ND making people great. If we only ever take the highest character people who simply can’t fail, can we really take credit for their successes?

I’m certainly not advocating letting low character kids into ND, but to label anyone who doesn’t get into ND, or someone who chooses another school, as low character is without merit. Other than the Pope and Dalai Lama, there aren’t many people I know who wouldn’t take the highest bid for their services (NIL). Certainly we should have more than two incoming freshmen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT