ADVERTISEMENT

D-lineman Gordy Sulfsted commits to Notre Dame

Agreed. Top to bottom it is a really good class if it holds together. Feels like Freeman has elevated the floor of this team with more talent across the board.

I'm sure there will be a certain percentage of naysayers on this commitment. You either trust the staff or you don't. I do.
Not going by this commitment because I haven't watched any of his film or know anything about him

But that is an ignorant comment because the greatest coaches ever make mistakes. So that's just a silly comment

Looks like the door on Shanklin is pretty much closed. Welcome aboard Gordy, I’m glad we got Burgess and Bryce last year though…

I'm sure there will be a certain percentage of naysayers on this commitment. You either trust the staff or you don't. I do.
St. X kid. Outstanding grades. Passes the eyeball test. Listed at 6-5 245. Very good HS Basketball player. Immediately committed after being offered. Reportedly will ultimately be a 3 technique. I trust the staff 100%.

Not going by this commitment because I haven't watched any of his film or know anything about him

But that is an ignorant comment because the greatest coaches ever make mistakes. So that's just a silly comment
Silly ? Think you know better than those that get paid 7 figures to evaluate players ? Your "analysis" is worthless. Get over yourself. Everyone in every profession everywhere make mistakes. I trust the staff. Do you ?

You've been on this board long enough to know that there are certain long time posters who will be critical of the commitment based on " stars " alone. Now that's " silly " and shortsighted.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Silly ? Think you know better than those that get paid 7 figures to evaluate players ? Your "analysis" is worthless. Get over yourself. Everyone in every profession everywhere make mistakes. I trust the staff. Do you ?
I didn't say I knew better. If you could read I said that many times. And I did not watch his film.

But for you to say just trust the coaches on every player is just flat out stupid. Even Nick Saban struck out on players many times. I'm not going to trust the coaches on everything

If we just keep trust all the coaches BVG would still be here.

It's an ignorant and moronic comment you made

But I remember you being a sheep from years ago

Reactions: Chitown11
We now have 3 DL commits in this class that no team that's even close to competing for a title wanted (2 of those are 4 star). That's 2 too many. Dline recruiting is not going that well and we have to hope washington is the diamond in a rough master.

So either every other top program is wrong or right as well. This staff hasn't won squat, i don't trust them yet.

This is the year to see if Freemans recruits start having a big time impact (only ben mo to date really has).

You've been on this board long enough to know that there are certain long time posters who will be critical of the commitment based on " stars " alone. Now that's " silly " and shortsighted.
I don't care about stars. I look at everything, film and offers being most important. Then I'll look at their rankings on the sites

For people who only care about only stars is silly no doubt. And people who just blindly believe the coaches every time is also silly

There’s only one debate worth having. Is DL recruiting moving the needle or not? That’s where the conversation starts and ends.

I'm not for or against this commitment... But if you look at defensive recruiting...there is only one coach not pulling weight on the recruiting side.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111

echo boy always supports the coaches, they never do anything wrong or make any mistakes

I don't care about stars. I look at everything, film and offers being most important. Then I'll look at their rankings on the sites

For people who only care about only stars is silly no doubt. And people who just blindly believe the coaches every time is also silly
Do you ever make mistakes watching film?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
We now have 3 DL commits in this class that no team that's even close to competing for a title wanted (2 of those are 4 star). That's 2 too many. Dline recruiting is not going that well and we have to hope washington is the diamond in a rough master.

So either every other top program is wrong or right as well. This staff hasn't won squat, i don't trust them yet.

This is the year to see if Freemans recruits start having a big time impact (only ben mo to date really has).
Thanks Coach for insightful analysis.

echo boy always supports the coaches, they never do anything wrong or make any mistakes
I support this coaching staff 100%, same as I did Brian Kelly. I won't ever point to an offer list and ask why ND isn't recruiting DL kids like Georgia and Ohio St. Notre Dame needs to find kids who are talented, want to attend class and make academics a priority after they arrive, and who fit what Notre Dame wants in South Bend. This isn't Columbus, Ohio or Athens, Georgia, where a QB can spend 6 years at a university, win 2 titles, and not graduate.

ND is a different animal amongst the top teams in CFB.

I support this coaching staff 100%, same as I did Brian Kelly. I won't ever point to an offer list and ask why ND isn't recruiting DL kids like Georgia and Ohio St. Notre Dame needs to find kids who are talented, want to attend class and make academics a priority after they arrive, and who fit what Notre Dame wants in South Bend. This isn't Columbus, Ohio or Athens, Georgia, where a QB can spend 6 years at a university, win 2 titles, and not graduate.

If top 10 is a different animal, then okay

Supporting the staff is different than agreeing with every single decision they make

You probably won't find anyone as high on MF as me but I'm not a fool that thinks coaches are infallible. That's just stupid

Well said. I agree

If top 10 is a different animal, then okay

Supporting the staff is different than agreeing with every single decision they make

You probably won't find anyone as high on MF as me but I'm not a fool that thinks coaches are infallible. That's just stupid
No one anywhere has ever said infallible, including me.

Simply put, I support the coaching staff and you won’t see me criticizing MF recruiting or any decommit.

10 on the field on defense, two plays in a row and late in a close game, against Ohio St. is worthy of criticism.

No one anywhere has ever said infallible, including me.

Simply put, I support the coaching staff and you won’t see me criticizing MF recruiting or any decommit.

10 on the field on defense, two plays in a row and late in a close game, against Ohio St. is worthy of criticism.
All is up to be be praised or criticized. Everything is on the table. This is big boy football and the staff is very well paid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT