ADVERTISEMENT

CUT DOWN TO 53 PLAYERS

notredame79

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 30, 2022
Saints terminated E. St. Brown, and waived Kevin Austin. Don’t know what the difference is?

Players with less than 4 years of accrued service time can be waived, whereas older players simply are cut or released. If a player is put on waivers, technically his contract is still in place, and another team may claim the player under the terms of that contract. If not claimed within a specified time period (by noon the following day), the player is then released and becomes an unrestricted free agent who can sign with any team on terms he can negotiate. Waiver claims are based upon the same order of priority established by the NFL draft, i.e., because the Carolina Panthers had the worst record last year, they have first priority on any waiver claims.

It seems doubtful to me that Kevin Austin will be claimed off waivers, but I suppose we will see.

Ian Book, Julian Okwara, Miles Boykin, Sam Mustipher, Ben Skowronek, Troy Pride all waived/released . I'm sure I missed some.

Last edited:
Hartman was waived. JJB made the Commanders, though.

I also saw where Liufau's listed as a starter for the Cowboys. That's great he's starting already.

• Love
Reactions: FightingIrish44
Players with less than 4 years of accrued service time can be waived, whereas older players simply are cut or released. If a player is put on waivers, technically his contract is still in place, and another team may claim the player under the terms of that contract. If not claimed within a specified time period (by noon the following day), the player is then released and becomes an unrestricted free agent who can sign with any team on terms he can negotiate. Waiver claims are based upon the same order of priority established by the NFL draft, i.e., because the Carolina Panthers had the worst record last year, they have first priority on any waiver claims.

It seems doubtful to me that Kevin Austin will be claimed off waivers, but I suppose we will see.
Thanks for explaining!!

Hartman was waived. JJB made the Commanders, though.

I also saw where Liufau's listed as a starter for the Cowboys. That's great he's starting already.
He got so much shit, too. Like he was a liability at LB. And he obviously was a good LB the whole time he was here. Maybe not Manti Teo good but good, visibly good. Anyway, great news he's going to be a rookie starter.

Looks like all 7 players we had drafted this year made their team's rosters. And Thomas Harper was cut by the Chargers, but claimed by the Raiders. So he may make a roster, too. That's good to see. Hartman was named to the Commanders' practice squad.

Reactions: notredame79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT