ADVERTISEMENT

Curious about D. Williams and

Dec 29, 2005
what NFL scouts are saying about him or what round he's likely to get selected?

Only thing I think hurts him is his smaller sample then some other players. However, that could be good as he hasn't taken less abuse than guys like Taylor and Henderson have taken.

I try to be objective since I'm a ND fan here, I just don't see any particular deficiencies in his play. He's strong, shifty, great balance, very fast, and generally catches the ball well which NFL coaches look for now at the RB position. His pass blocking seems solid as well.

Thoughts?

he's a 1st/2nd down RB. he's had some nice catches/blocks in recent weeks but that's over a tiny sample size.

he's going to need to be a freak during the combine to move up into a significant draft position. right now he's probably viewed as a late round flier at best.

he's a 1st/2nd down RB. he's had some nice catches/blocks in recent weeks but that's over a tiny sample size.

he's going to need to be a freak during the combine to move up into a significant draft position. right now he's probably viewed as a late round flier at best.
Todd Mcshay was saying 3-4th round on ESPN today.

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
Who cares what Dexters draft stock is? I just care that he is a great college football player !! and I am sure he will make alot of money as a pro because RB's don't get drafted high anyway and he has great skill !! .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT