ADVERTISEMENT

Croatian made the trek to ND for the Clemson game...was amazing.

TorontoHrvat

ND Expert
Feb 22, 2009
Guys, just wanted to say, came down from a Toronto suburb for the Clemson game. Second time was at a game, and was amazing. Went with son, and a friend and his son. 6 1/2 hour drive. Stayed at the Quality Inn, which wasn't bad, but cost an arm and a leg.

Arrived Friday and immediately went to the book store and bought a tonne of stuff including Christmas gifts. Cost an arm and a leg, especially with the Canadian peso so bad, but was all worth it.

Hit the O'Rourke's pub in that Eddy Commons area on Friday as was walking distance to campus...lots of clemson fans, but friendly. Even then caught the ladies volleyball game Friday night vs North Carolina as we were walking around.

Great day on Saturday too...went to the Grotto, saw the players walk by, Freeman gave me a nod as I wished him well....and say Jaylon in that pimp jacket (sweet!) also and that mini pep rally.

What else, to say, was a great game..had great seats that we bought way back in March already. Can't wait to do it again. Will go yearly from now on.

For any others around the Toronto area, its an easy drive through Sarnia, and what more to say, the campus is beautiful and a great game experience. Only thing is no beer at the stadium, so tailgate if you want or hit the pub before and walk over.

I've never been to ND. I will do it soon enough.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Root for Croatia in the World Cup...over Canada!

;)

100% cheering for Cro over Canada. Can't wait to have the car flags up after (God willing) we beat the hockey loving hosers! )))

As for ND, I definitely recommend it. The Basilica is amazing as well. Campus is beautiful to walk around, book store is amazing also. If I could do it all over again, I'd bust my a.ss to go to Notre Dame...can only imagine how great it would be to be a student there.

Not going to lie though, feared we'd lose and lots of clemson fans came thinking they'd destroy us...but by the thrid quarter, lots of empty seats in that one corner where was quite a bit of orange...lol.

Reactions: banmate6 and NDinNJ
Can you guys get a room, holy shit! I had no idea we had this many fiery ex-Croations on this board. You learn something new everyday, even though it's probably only the two of you.

Oh yeah, and so the OP, Mr. Croatia himself, now has a choice to make, with the winter WC finally upon us. Well this is Canada's golden generation team. Totally good enough to make the 2nd round and pull off an upset or two, and possibly be the Cinderella story of this infamous WC, as well as being his actual home country that might expect to have his loyalties.....

While Croatia's been there done that already. But apparently this schmuck is pulling for Croatia just the same. Ain't that a bitch....

Can you guys get a room, holy shit! I had no idea we had this many fiery ex-Croations on this board. You learn something new everyday, even though it's probably only the two of you.

Oh yeah, and so the OP, Mr. Croatia himself, now has a choice to make, with the winter WC finally upon us. Well this is Canada's golden generation team. Totally good enough to make the 2nd round and pull off an upset or two, and possibly be the Cinderella story of this infamous WC, as well as being his actual home country that might expect to have his loyalties.....

While Croatia's been there done that already. But apparently this schmuck is pulling for Croatia just the same. Ain't that a bitch....
Like I said people pulling for their heritage over their home. Makes no sense to me.

Lot's of Croation Canadian ND fans up here in Canada / Toronto area. I can't wait for next week......Canada opens up World Cup on Wednesday...have the Bills playing on Thanksgiving Day.....even though I hate them will be watching Ohio State vs Michigan on Saturday to get warmed up then of course ND vs USC Saturday night followed by Sunday morning Canada stomping all over Croatia....or at least securing a draw.

Croatia has in the past obviously been better than Canada but if Davies is healthy (big if) Canada can run with them and will have youth on their side to push the pace.

Guys, just wanted to say, came down from a Toronto suburb for the Clemson game. Second time was at a game, and was amazing. Went with son, and a friend and his son. 6 1/2 hour drive. Stayed at the Quality Inn, which wasn't bad, but cost an arm and a leg.

Arrived Friday and immediately went to the book store and bought a tonne of stuff including Christmas gifts. Cost an arm and a leg, especially with the Canadian peso so bad, but was all worth it.

Hit the O'Rourke's pub in that Eddy Commons area on Friday as was walking distance to campus...lots of clemson fans, but friendly. Even then caught the ladies volleyball game Friday night vs North Carolina as we were walking around.

Great day on Saturday too...went to the Grotto, saw the players walk by, Freeman gave me a nod as I wished him well....and say Jaylon in that pimp jacket (sweet!) also and that mini pep rally.

What else, to say, was a great game..had great seats that we bought way back in March already. Can't wait to do it again. Will go yearly from now on.

For any others around the Toronto area, its an easy drive through Sarnia, and what more to say, the campus is beautiful and a great game experience. Only thing is no beer at the stadium, so tailgate if you want or hit the pub before and walk over.
Sounds like a great time except you are a multiple amputee. Two arms n two legs. That’s tough

He thinks overweight Croat woman are hot …..enough said!

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
The jealousy is strong on this thread.

:D

Croatia beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 in last friendly before the World Cup. Not a big game of course. But the team is primed and ready.

Stay tuned.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The jealousy is strong on this thread.

:D

Croatia beat Saudi Arabia 1-0 in last friendly before the World Cup. Not a big game of course. But the team is primed and ready.

Stay tuned.
Is that a moral victory?

STFU you little weirdo.

Is that a moral victory?

For Saudi Arabia it is. They played pretty well. Mind you, Croatia played their reserves for 70 minutes before the bigger guns came on...and they watched it to avoid injury.

Club season just ended and Qatar is hot!

Usually the World Cup is in summer with a 1 month break, following club season wind down. Plenty of time to recover and prepare. This World Cup is in the middle of club season, so many injuries already, with more to come.

Is college football corrupt? Amateurs!!! FIFA wrote the book on corruption, con artists and thieves.

The next World Cup will have 48 teams instead of 32. Everybody gets a trophy mentality to get more $$$. And the fans keep coming, sad to say.

College football might go the same way. Water it down.

Reactions: tbonesays
STFU you little weirdo.
Your personal loathing for me has really picked up lately I see. But you don't seem to like it when you're outed as a genuine troll, with multiple accounts and whatnot. I guess that's the price I pay for rubbing that in your face.

In any case, if this message board is any sort of halfway accurate reflection of our swiftly decaying society then we are in some serious trouble. Maybe having a little bungalow in, whatever, in Zagreb, or Split..... isn't such a bad idea, when the crunch finally comes in this country.....

FIFA is insanely corrupt, and by now everyone knows it. But it's nothing like the NCAA. The NCAA exploits its athletes directly, deliberately and legally, until the SCOTUS nullified their little racket and made it illegal to do it. That's what makes the NCAA such an evil institution. In many ways far, far worse than FIFA. FIFA is just like, petty corruption writ large, taking bribes....

I don't think the NCAA has really ever been accused of that or anything like that, or what the parallel would be to FIFA's deeply entrenched and intractable culture of straight bribery. Nor is FIFA guilty of perpetuating a system that I'm aware that bears even the tiniest resemblance to the deliberate financial exploitation of individual athletes like the NCAA does. So it's really apples and oranges....

It's beyond a chat board to fully discuss FIFA.

Trust me, it's not even close in corruption. FIFA has allowed killing, like the exploitation of migrant workers so Qatar can build enough stadiums for this World Cup. I don't want to get into match rigging, as referees evolve within even VAR to often enough be the margin of difference.

I know the NCAA has its issues. But like you said, it's pretty open with this. FIFA is lies on lies and naked theft. Evil.

It's beyond a chat board to fully discuss FIFA.

Trust me, it's not even close in corruption. FIFA has allowed killing, like the exploitation of migrant workers so Qatar can build enough stadiums for this World Cup. I don't want to get into match rigging, as referees evolve within even VAR to often enough be the margin of difference.

I know the NCAA has its issues. But like you said, it's pretty open with this. FIFA is lies on lies and naked theft. Evil.
Yeah, I guess.... But it's the same thing in principle. The NCAA is the plantation system, and until recently it was all perfectly legal. Just like slavery was legal in the south before it was made illegal. And THAT was the parallel for the NCAA. Or medieval serfdom or something like that. Maybe indentured servitude.

FIFA'S racket to my understanding is straight bribery. Pay for play, call it what you want. You want to host the WC you gotta pay for the privilege. Cheap, basic corruption, but on a large scale, given how the WC is such a big deal, and thus the bribes are pretty large. And there are probably other grifts they run as well. I'm not sure I hold FIFA personally responsible for how Qatar does their own business. That's a middle-east exploitative dictatorship problem, not a FIFA one. Unless FIFA is up there in some Doha penthouse, personally orchestrating all the exploitation and death of those Indian migrant laborers themselves, along with any other wild abuses, and ordering Qatari officials to carry on their business just that way, else they will have the WC pulled and brought back to Europe.... I wouldn't blame FIFA directly for that. Other than looking the other way. When some respectable European nation hosts the WC, and there's no particular exploitation going on in the preparing for it, does FIFA get credit for running such a tight ship? No, they don't. Because it's not their thing. They just own the license for the The World Cup, and rent that shit out every four years and that's it. They don't have the power of nation-states....

I would definitely say the NCAA is far more 'evil' than FIFA, if you want to use that kind of loaded language, which I don't mind doing. On account of creating and sustaining and perpetuating a legalized system of continuous exploitation, which is far mare hideous than FIFA's crimes, to my knowledge at least. And finally that's gone, due to a long overdue legislative/judicial shift. I don't know how you change what amounts to the street level corruption of FIFA. I suppose by prosecuting them individually, under some sort of jurisdiction, which America is trying to do to certain FIFA officers.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT