ADVERTISEMENT

Couple other concerns…

football1irish

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 17, 2002
Rushing 2 on defense?!?? What the hell was that? Of course someone still got open as that is what happens with zones along with no rush.

The TD which gave OSU the lead. Blitzing both safeties on a delayed blitz?!?!?! The whole point of blitzing is getting to the QB instantly before they can find where you’re vulnerable. That was an incredibly stupid design and call and totally changed the game on a 3 and 11.

Having your safety return punts!?!?!? Worse yet he didn’t even return them and was calling fair catches with no one near him and pinning us in horrible field position each time. This is a big game and we need to try to make plays and not just play not to lose.

Tyree trying to stop and change direction on kickoffs? Find an alley and go and get us past the 20. Instead he would stop and get tackled and pin us in horrible field position each time.

MF needs to clean all of this up. Nick Saban would be irate with his assistants after some of these mistakes. MF needs to show he’s a big warm smile who also has some savvy and bite to him also. He needs to make his assistants uncomfortable and accountable when they screw up. Hopefully he will.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
I think the D had the one boneheaded play. That double blitz on a 3-11 I think. Hold them to 3 and regroup. I agree with you. You just lost Bracy and put a frosh in a bad state. You could blitz one maybe or a corner and rotate. That was a feast or famine desperation D.

Good point on Joseph. We are thin at saftey, WR and RB. Can’t afford anyone to take some full run hit. But would like to see Tyree back there. He had a few opportunities to get the punt and run.

You can see we desperately need this 23 class to shore up some thin areas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT