ADVERTISEMENT

Confused

mmboys07

All Star
Oct 3, 2004
Leonard must have been hurt during last weeks game. This was the strong speculation/excuse given for his lack of performance.
Then, today he is out there running wild. Still not passing very well but moving and running just fine. So, if not hurt last week then what
explains the change in ND play calling after the first Quarter?? is Purdue that bad, or ND really that much better than they showed last week?

Both are true.

ND is definitely better than they showed last week, and Purdue is a terrible team.

I have complete confidence that NIU would beat their behinds badly as well.

Freeman has now lost to NIU, Marshall, and a 3 win Stanford team who’s only other wins that year were against Colgate and 2 win ASU. I’m rooting for the guy but I just don’t have confidence in him right now.

Both are true.

ND is definitely better than they showed last week, and Purdue is a terrible team.

I have complete confidence that NIU would beat their behinds badly as well.

Freeman has now lost to NIU, Marshall, and a 3 win Stanford team who’s only other wins that year were against Colgate and 2 win ASU. I’m rooting for the guy but I just don’t have confidence in him right now.

I give him a pass for 2022 because that was his first season as head coach of Notre Dame. The guy's head must have been spinning. But even in those losses Tyler Buchner didn't help any with a pick-6 against Marshall, and Tommy Rees didn't help any with his play calling against Stanford.

The loss to NIU was as bad as they come, but I can think of lots of games against average opponents that ND should have destroyed only to squeak by them, and that game was set up to end in a close ND victory if not for a Riley Leonard brain fart on our second to last possession.

While I'm not ready to cast Freeman aside (and the idea that this is a serious topic after a 66-7 win is ridiculous) I agree his chances of long-term success at ND are limited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT