ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence....

Chitownrealist

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 27, 2006
Something ND has been missing for a while is creeping back in. Weis said it a number of years ago, then Kelly reiterated it in a slightly different phrase in 2013 - he wants "tough gentlemen" - hard to believe it has been that long. We have been teetering on the edge of it for a while, but this team, more than any other since 2012 and probably more akin to the early 90's seems to exemplify it, especially on defense - Gilman, Tranquil, Tillery, Hayes, Owkara, Kareem, Love, Pride, Bilal, Elliott, Coney, Bonner - heck - virtually every one of them. Then you see a guy like Eichenberg come out and matter of factly say what he did:

"It’s gonna be loud. But our stadium is loud. I’m excited to go in there, kick the shit out of them, get a win, then get out of there."

It makes you cringe a little at first for putting bulletin board material up there, but then down deep, I was happy to hear it. Maybe, just maybe, we are getting to a place where we don't give a rat's petuch about who we're playing, or where we're playing, or how loud or hot or cold it's gonna be, but rather, that we are going to go hit someone in the mouth and let em damn well know they played Notre Dame.

VTech dismissed their starting DE and leading tackler for loss 2 weeks ago. Their other DE, Houshun Gaines, lost his mom this past week. It was thought Gaines would not play, but now it appears he will. Eichenberg may be facing a pass rusher with some extra motivation this week. I hope he, and the rest of the crew are prepared to do what he, and most of us, believe we will.

ND 44 / VT 17

Go Irish

Reactions: cancandodo
Service academies have tough gentlemen. It doesn't translate to the play-offs but you know when you play them it's going to be a long day. ND has the capabilities to draw tough gentlemen and be contenders. But, I will say, there are tough gentlemen who put the time in with personal charity work and studies across the country in every program. We just don't hear about it that often.

Maybe, just maybe, we are getting to a place where we don't give a rat's petuch about who we're playing, or where we're playing, or how loud or hot or cold it's gonna be, but rather, that we are going to go hit someone in the mouth and let em damn well know they played Notre Dame.

Long overdue !!!

Go Irish!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, we are getting to a place where we don't give a rat's petuch about who we're playing, or where we're playing, or how loud or hot or cold it's gonna be, but rather, that we are going to go hit someone in the mouth and let em damn well know they played Notre Dame.

This statement just made me want to strap it up again. Very nice

The only thing that worries me is special teams. I think that part of the game will have all of ND nation on edge early on in the game, but ultimately, I don't think it will matter. ND will have this game won by the middle of the third quarter. Look for Coney to be a monster because VT will be focusing on Tillery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT