ADVERTISEMENT

Coming from a NON ND FAN

711employee

ND Fan
Jul 10, 2016
Kizer is the best QB in CFB, not falling for Watson is better.

Stands in the pocket like a NFL QB, Great accuracy with a Laser Arm.

as of this morn, he isn't even the starter! yikes!

"...Kizer went 15-for-24 for 215 yards and five touchdowns—he ran for 77 yards and added one score on the ground—while his counterpart went 2-for-5 for 15 yards and rushed for 11 yards on three carries. But in the moments after the loss, Kelly wasn’t willing to make a decision about what the quarterback position would look like moving forward."

Last edited:
as of this morn, he isn't even the starter! yikes!

"...Kizer went 15-for-24 for 215 yards and five touchdowns—he ran for 77 yards and added one score on the ground—while his counterpart went 2-for-5 for 15 yards and rushed for 11 yards on three carries. But in the moments after the loss, Kelly wasn’t willing to make a decision about what the quarterback position would look like moving forward."
Kelly is a politician. On Showtime he said to Zaire's parents... this is still his team. Or something like that

It's not the QB situation that's the problem its the bad defense. Zaire is a great QB. Give him a break. He was out all last year and Texas has a damn good defense. I support Zaire playing. On the other hand- If the ref calls targeting, Avery Sebastian learns how to tackle..from the waist down and Shawn Crawford would have started we win that game.

If my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle.

Texas had just as many of those type of situations that took place where the breaks did not go their way. This game could have been a 28 point Texas Blowout just as easily as a ND win had the scenarios you used had taken place.

Chasing down what if's is a waste of time. The better team won, just like last year.

Malik is still a QB how could so many people dog him after one game where he played a handful of series. Kizer will be starter saturday but I agree with above comment, Malik will come in during some games this season for whatever reason and will help win games.

Your defense is horrific. It has given up over 1,000 yards in it's last 2 games. The QB situation is a much smaller problem.

Kizer should start and stay in the game until we are far ahead
And the game is out of reach, then you give the back up playing time. Period.
You are right about our defense as well. It is time for ND to start putting fundamentally sound teams out on both sides of the ball.
I think that Kizer can really put some points on the board for us , and our receivers seem to be able and talented, our running backs are also very impressive. Our O line is still not dominantt,
and needs to improve to the point that they can take over a game and open up the holes for the running backs. Ex: one or two more first downs before the overtime , Texas never gets the ball back, ND wins in regular tme.
Defense is certainly our weak point, and we just had a freshman QB beat us with deep passes at will. Our linemen and backs could not tackle and stop the run. That second QB Just ran through us. Everyone knew that he was going to run, he did run, and our line and linebackers simply were not there.
In short, unless Kelly can get the defense to play a lot better,
It will be a very long season, while win / loss record can still look Good , thanks to Kizer's exceptional talent, we will still not be a Really sound football team.

He was one overthrown ball away from catch a TD too ... Yet Kelly said the offense didn't do enough to win

Kelly really just has lost his senses! there is just one D-A comment after another.

Dang, are they (BVG/BK) just riding out the job security and mailing it in?
ND needs to work job performance into these contracts!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT