ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoffs

Bryan Driskell

Football Analyst
Apr 19, 2015
Granger, IN
First of all, if you don't want to engage in the conversation or want to whine about Notre Dame or make sarcastic comments about Notre Dame, leave the thread.

For those who actually want to talk college football, I want to discuss the CFB Playoff Rankings and give my rankings.

Here's how I would rank things:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State - Great road wins over a pair of Top 10 teams (Oklahoma, Wisconsin) and a home win over No. 5 Michigan
3. Clemson - Overall resume isn't impressive, but they are 11-1 and have some good wins
4. Washington - Resume isn't impressive, but they are as good as anyone non named Bama on the eye test. A win over Colorado seals the deal for me IMO.

5. Oklahoma - One of the hottest teams in the country. Haven't lost since Sep. 17 and are coming off an impressive road blowout win over No. 16 West Virginia. They are underrated IMO.
6. Wisconsin - Both losses were to top teams and both were very close, tough losses. They have been rolling people of late. Problem is no great wins outside of LSU.
7. USC - Along with Oklahoma, arguably the hottest team in the country. Two wins over Top 10 teams - including an impressive road win over Washington - and they are smashing teams. They should be in the Top 10, but they don't deserve a playoff spot with 3 losses, no matter what happens this weekend.
8. Michigan - They have some excellent wins (Wisconsin, Colorado, Penn State) but they have lost 2 of 3 and haven't played all that well in a month. Overrated.
9. Colorado - They lost arguably the hottest team in the country and they were outplaying Michigan until their QB got hurt. Nice road win over Stanford, but not a lot of other impressive wins.
10. Penn State - They are a hot team, but their wins outside of OSU aren't all that impressive. They were slaughtered by Michigan and lost to Pitt. They don't pass the eye test for me.

Oklahoma State isn't in the conversation for me even if they beat Oklahoma. I realize they were screwed against Central Michigan, but a playoff caliber team wouldn't have even been in a competitive game against CMU. Losing to Baylor by 11 also doesn't impress me.

So, what are your rankings? Who should be in, who is next in line?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News