ADVERTISEMENT

College Advisory Committee

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
A very good read. Discusses the exhaustive process the NFL goes through when evaluating players prior to the draft. Only 1.6% of college players make it to the NFL.

Also an interesting take on players declaring early and foregoing graduation. One particular quote from an NFL executive:
“While some like to debate the advantages of declaring early for the draft, one thing is for certain: Completing your education affords you more opportunity and financial freedom beyond football.”
TROY VINCENT, SR., EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, NFL FOOTBALL OPERATIONS

I would hope the staff at Notre Dame are using these statistics and info from the NFL to distinguish ND from the football factories.

A very good read. Discusses the exhaustive process the NFL goes through when evaluating players prior to the draft. Only 1.6% of college players make it to the NFL.

Also an interesting take on players declaring early and foregoing graduation. One particular quote from an NFL executive:
“While some like to debate the advantages of declaring early for the draft, one thing is for certain: Completing your education affords you more opportunity and financial freedom beyond football.”
TROY VINCENT, SR., EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, NFL FOOTBALL OPERATIONS

I would hope the staff at Notre Dame are using these statistics and info from the NFL to distinguish ND from the football factories.

Blake Fisher made the right decision.

Reactions: NDinNJ
They evaluated Brady and Montana perfectly.

Also they nailed Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf.

The NFL knows how to evaluate.
You take the exceptions. Of course it's not perfect, but when they are almost 90% accurate, yes I would say they know how to evaluate.

You take the exceptions. Of course it's not perfect, but when they are almost 90% accurate, yes I would say they know how to evaluate.
90% accurate. Do you have data on that? Not a chance with the Raiders Browns Panthers Jaguars etc being bad all the time.

Bryce Young Tim Couch almost every Raiders 1st rd draft pick for the last 25 years. I can go on and on.

Some teams draft well. Some teams draft horribly. But 90% is a wild statement

Mac Jones Trey Lance. There's so many bad picks every year

90% accurate. Do you have data on that? Not a chance with the Raiders Browns Panthers Jaguars etc being bad all the time.

Bryce Young Tim Couch almost every Raiders 1st rd draft pick for the last 25 years. I can go on and on.

Some teams draft well. Some teams draft horribly. But 90% is a wild statement

Mac Jones Trey Lance. There's so many bad picks every year
Some of It's in the article, learn how to research.

Some of It's in the article, learn how to resear
No it's not. That's on stay or go decisions. And where they think the player will go to where they actually go.

It's not if the evaluation was correct on how good the player is in the NFL

Learn to read your own article.

2 totally different arguments

No it's not. That's on stay or go decisions. And where they think the player will go to where they actually go.

It's not if the evaluation was correct on how good the player is in the NFL

Learn to read your own article.

2 totally different arguments
The article is discussing evaluating players for the draft. Do your research. I can't help that you can't understand the topic at hand. The NFL knows how to evaluate college players hence why they are so accurate with 1st and 2nd round picks, because those athletes actually have 1st and 2nd round talent. You are such a loser, you're pathetic really.,

Last edited:
Do your research. I can't help that you can't read. Most on this forum know you're a loser.
You know you're wrong when that's all you got. You call me a loser. I call you troll and moron and back and forth we go because you can't come up with an opinion of your own

You used an article and it's based off stay or go college decisions and where the players will be drafted.

Not if their 1st rd grade of a Bryce Young was a good evaluation (it wasnt)

Read it again because you are wrong

Many of the problems with Bryce Young IMO is the team he plays for. The lousy organization that drafted him.

Let Bryce Young develop under a Ben Johnson or a Kyle Shanahan, you could have a different outcome.

IMO there was nothing wrong with the evaluation of Bryce Young. He simply plays for a shit organization/

Last edited:
Many of the problems with Bryce Young is the team he played for.
He's just one of many examples. But I personally don't think so. But that's to be determined.

He's a small guy with not a huge arm and not overly athletic.

We'll see down the road how that works out but I think it will be shown that he was way overdrafted.

He's just one of many examples. But I personally don't think so. But that's to be determined.

He's a small guy with not a huge arm and not overly athletic.

We'll see down the road how that works out but I think it will be shown that he was way overdrafted.
You want data on this.
"The data shows that of the 46 players inducted into the Hall of Fame whose careers began between 1994 and 2009, 32 were selected in the NFL Draft’s first round."

Looking at Pro Bowl selection data from 2010-2023 for players who started their NFL careers between 2010-2020, we see that players selected in the first three rounds comprise over 75% of the total Pro Bowl selections, despite making up less than 25% of the players in the pool.

"Looking at players drafted between 2010-2020 who played between 2010-2023, we see a strong relationship between draft selection and average number of games per season started. First-round draft picks start an average of 10 games per season played, while seventh-round draft picks only start an average of 1.87 games."

Yea the NFL knows how to evaluate. they aren't perfect, no one is, but they are very good at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT