ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Luke clearly fed BS by staff

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
hes quoted talking about how he has played perfect and then a few bad plays and that happens to the best corners. He referenced how it's happened to Revis, and how he'll bounce back and be the best corner in the league. Actually Revis is not a top 50 corner in the league because he's old and had injuries. Luke is slow for a corner so his technique and mental side has to be sharp, it has been poor!

hes quoted talking about how he has played perfect and then a few bad plays and that happens to the best corners. He referenced how it's happened to Revis, and how he'll bounce back and be the best corner in the league. Actually Revis is not a top 50 corner in the league because he's old and had injuries. Luke is slow for a corner so his technique and mental side has to be sharp, it has been poor!
I guess the staff feels telling him that he is a useless corner won't help his play.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I don't see how what Luke says suggest he's been fed BS by the staff. And while his play has been disappointing, the ND staff has no choice, but to continue to play him.

I guess the staff feels telling him that he is a useless corner won't help his play.
The problem is he's a 3 year starter and they're lieing to build up confidence. He did the same crap with Gary gray and gray continued to crap on himself. You challenge your best players, not coddle them. Luke should be saying how he played like crap and it won't happen again. Instead, he makes it sound like it's ok.

I don't see how what Luke says suggest he's been fed BS by the staff. And while his play has been disappointing, the ND staff has no choice, but to continue to play him.
They used revis as an example. Revis is awful now. yes he needs to play, but he needs a fire lit under him, not a pillow.

The problem is he's a 3 year starter and they're lieing to build up confidence. He did the same crap with Gary gray and gray continued to crap on himself. You challenge your best players, not coddle them. Luke should be saying how he played like crap and it won't happen again. Instead, he makes it sound like it's ok.
Since the position was recruited so poorly Kelly can't go Saban on him and sit his inept derrière on the bench.

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

No shit they'd tell him that...

THEY ARE THE ****ING MORONS COACHING HIM. THE VERY IDIOTS WHO ARE MOLDING AND CRAFTING HIM INTO ...WAIT FOR IT....
The player he is today. I expect no other reference , probably from the idiot BVG making another NFL reference.

What a piece of trash.

Reactions: NDskins
Since the position was recruited so poorly Kelly can't go Saban on him and sit his inept derrière on the bench.
He could...the problem is his backup will have been coached even poorer because our staff doesn't believe in getting all able bodies ready to go in a moments notice.

There are youth football team coaching staffs that do a more thorough job.

Yeah, it's not like confidence is an important factor in playing defensive back. :confused:

I played Corner in HS many years ago. One game I stepped in front of an "out" rout at the goal line and dropped the intercept. It would have been 100 yards down the sideline. My HC promptly yanked me for the rest of the game. Message received. No excuses. Cole has more ability in his little finger than I ever had. So does the opponent. Cole can do it. He can rebound. I'm in his "corner" and will be his biggest fan tomorrow.

Reactions: greengael
Dumbest thing I've ever read.

No shit they'd tell him that...

THEY ARE THE ****ING MORONS COACHING HIM. THE VERY IDIOTS WHO ARE MOLDING AND CRAFTING HIM INTO ...WAIT FOR IT....
The player he is today. I expect no other reference , probably from the idiot BVG making another NFL reference.

What a piece of trash.
Two more on ignore.

if Duke pushes the ball downfield on the ND then ... no words would be sufficient!
excep maybe Capt Kurtz

I will be watching our D Line. I thought I heard on the radio that NC Central got three sacks against Duke. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, we have to at least match those NC Central lads. Over/under ND getting three sacks.

I played Corner in HS many years ago. One game I stepped in front of an "out" rout at the goal line and dropped the intercept. It would have been 100 yards down the sideline. My HC promptly yanked me for the rest of the game. Message received. No excuses. Cole has more ability in his little finger than I ever had. So does the opponent. Cole can do it. He can rebound. I'm in his "corner" and will be his biggest fan tomorrow.
We all want CL to succeed.

It's sad that all of our players have a bigger impact as freshmen and sophomores than as juniors and seniors.

It's like they are still good with fundamentals coning from their high school...then we ruin them.

Every single player got stagnate or regressed under BVG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT