ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I know they played Georgia but they have really suffered with QB recruiting misses. Hunter Johnson, DJ Uiagalelei, and Klubnik.

Swinney was one of the first head coaches to start paying coordinators/assistant coaches millions of dollars. He was able to retain some really good coaches and keep them on his staff way beyond what is normal for rising/ascending coordinators. He leveraged an elite coaching staff to some elite seasons but now everyone is paying assistant coaches millions of dollars (including ND) so that ship has sailed.

Anyway, just my assessment of why Swinney was able to win so many football games in the mid 2010s.

Reactions: edub72
They could still turn it around and compete for the ACC. I think Georgia's just really good again.

Not using the portal probably hurts Clemson a little, though. It allows you to fill holes in your lineup.

They could still turn it around and compete for the ACC. I think Georgia's just really good again.

Not using the portal probably hurts Clemson a little, though. It allows you to fill holes in your lineup.
I think Clemson shot themselves in the foot a bunch and the game was closer than the score would indicate. Georgia is really good though. I think Clemson has a very legit chance of winning the ACC.

Reactions: mbd11
DJ was fine. I bet you they wish they still had him. But they gotta dump this Cade Klubnik fellow. With a name like that is it any wonder he sucks? Seriously though, he is holding them back. And old boy will not take transfers, that is so eccentric of him. I guess Dabo's a man of his word. Or the power and position of his venerated status at Clemson has gone to his head. And he indulges his 'values' at the expense of his program. Because their QB sucked a year ago, and they probably could have had RL, or whoever. In any case, he said he would quit if they ever started paying the players and maybe he will. Because he's just too old school....

DJ was fine. I bet you they wish they still had him. But they gotta dump this Cade Klubnik fellow. With a name like that is it any wonder he sucks? Seriously though, he is holding them back. And old boy will not take transfers, that is so eccentric of him. I guess Dabo's a man of his word. Or the power and position of his venerated status at Clemson has gone to his head. And he indulges his 'values' at the expense of his program. Because their QB sucked a year ago, and they probably could have had RL, or whoever. In any case, he said he would quit if they ever started paying the players and maybe he will. Because he's just too old school....
Dj is trash

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT