ADVERTISEMENT

Chansi Stuckey

Holycrossover3

Irish Guard
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2012
And ND football have parted ways. Interesting. Great recruiter.

Hopefully Can Williams doesn’t jump ship.

Cam is sticking. Guy on another site reached out to him. Good news. Loved Chansi as a person and a damn good recruiter but our WRs have underperformed the last two years. They don't get open or fight for contested balls. Maybe Parker moves to TE/WR and we bring in a new OC.

But who also had no experience as a WR coach (one year.) I'm thinking there might be more to this...
Shouldn't start speculations or conspiracy theories, but...... :) Wonder if this had anything to do with Tyree's departure. I heard smoke that the players did not care for how Stuckey spoke to players.

Perhaps with Tyree leaving and rumours of Braylon James and Tobias Merriweather entering the Portal brought about this?

I think the bottom line is as guys got injured they didn't exactly rush back to play for coach stuck. Lots of rumors about the room being an issue.

I'm not concerned about losing Cam or Tobias if the guys that stay are dialed in.
Until proven otherwise tobias hasn't shown much. I don't agree with those that say he should be playing more. The only thing he's shown on two years is the ability to run a post one on one. I don't blame development there, I just don't think he's an alpha.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Makes you wonder what happened with Styles? Who came on fast as a Freshman in 2021, and had a massive Fiesta Bowl.

Then last season despite some issues with drops he was the team’s leading pass catcher at WR, and 2nd leading pass catcher on the team behind Mayer.

Then he’s moving to DB? Then he’s transferring to Ohio State?

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is as guys got injured they didn't exactly rush back to play for coach stuck. Lots of rumors about the room being an issue.

I'm not concerned about losing Cam or Tobias if the guys that stay are dialed in.
Until proven otherwise tobias hasn't shown much. I don't agree with those that say he should be playing more. The only thing he's shown on two years is the ability to run a post one on one. I don't blame development there, I just don't think he's an alpha.
Losing both of those would be crushing because on pure talent and athleticism they are our top 2 guys. Losing one would sting but managebale

Braylon is in that mix as well as different types of athletes. Those 3 are guys you need to have and develop because when you play the Georgias OSUs and Bamas you need those type of athletes

Cam is sticking. Guy on another site reached out to him. Good news. Loved Chansi as a person and a damn good recruiter but our WRs have underperformed the last two years. They don't get open or fight for contested balls. Maybe Parker moves to TE/WR and we bring in a new OC.
This. Get off LOS!

Losing both of those would be crushing because on pure talent and athleticism they are our top 2 guys. Losing one would sting but managebale

Braylon is in that mix as well as different types of athletes. Those 3 are guys you need to have and develop because when you play the Georgias OSUs and Bamas you need those type of athletes
You have to get of BD's jock.

In two years merriweather has 15 catches and less than 325 yards.

To put that into perspective

Tyree a first year had 26 and over 400
Flores a 18 year old had 27 and 392
Greathouse has 16 and 252 while missing multiple games.

I'm sure merriweather is a good kid, but he has not shown anything to be called one of the two best on the team. Athleticism is great...unless you can't get off a press and don't compete for the ball.

Cam hasn't played a down. Losing him costs us nothing. Does he have potential, surely. But don't over react.

You have to get of BD's jock.

In two years merriweather has 15 catches and less than 325 yards.

To put that into perspective

Tyree a first year had 26 and over 400
Flores a 18 year old had 27 and 392
Greathouse has 16 and 252 while missing multiple games.

I'm sure merriweather is a good kid, but he has not shown anything to be called one of the two best on the team. Athleticism is great...unless you can't get off a press and don't compete for the ball.

Cam hasn't played a down. Losing him costs us nothing. Does he have potential, surely. But don't over react.
BD ?

I didn't say he was currently one of the 2 best. I said he has top 2 talent and athleticism and that is 100% true. You do not push talent out the door. You develop them. Tobias always was raw coming out of HS. He was going to take time

Tobias first 2 years

15 rec 325 yards 21.7 yc 3 TDs

Miles Boykin first 2 years

6 rec 81 yards 13.5 1 TD

Chase Claypool First 2 years

34 rec 483 yard 15yc 2 TD

Kevin Austin First 3 years

6 rec 108 yard 18ypc 0 TD

Javon Mckinley First 3 years

11 rec 268 yard 24.4 yc 4 TD

Devaris Daniels First 2 years

31 rec 490 15 yc 0 TD

You dont give up on talent after 2 years. You dont throw away athletic talented players. Thats just stupid

And Cam is ridiculously talented. That would be a huge blow

BD ?

I didn't say he was currently one of the 2 best. I said he has top 2 talent and athleticism and that is 100% true. You do not push talent out the door. You develop them. Tobias always was raw coming out of HS. He was going to take time

Tobias first 2 years

15 rec 325 yards 21.7 yc 3 TDs

Miles Boykin first 2 years

6 rec 81 yards 13.5 1 TD

Chase Claypool First 2 years

34 rec 483 yard 15yc 2 TD

Kevin Austin First 3 years

6 rec 108 yard 18ypc 0 TD

Javon Mckinley First 3 years

11 rec 268 yard 24.4 yc 4 TD

Devaris Daniels First 2 years

31 rec 490 15 yc 0 TD

You dont give up on talent after 2 years. You dont throw away athletic talented players. Thats just stupid

And Cam is ridiculously talented. That would be a huge blow
You do not give up, but you don't sweat a guy leaving that might develop to give you one high level year. And I'm not taking touches from Flores, faison, cam, or greathouse either.

You do not give up, but you don't sweat a guy leaving that might develop to give you one high level year. And I'm not taking touches from Flores, faison, cam, or greathouse either.
You always sweat losing talented players that can be difference makers. Those are the type of guys that get you over the hump that we haven't got over in 30 years. You need as many as those guys as possible

If you cant develop elite type talents, thats a coaching problem....see Chansi Stuckey

Tobias is not as good of a wr as those guys you mentioned right now. No doubt. That is why you hire coaches who can develop. It will be on the next guy to get the most out of guys like Braylon and Tobias

ND has what 23 players coming in, but do not have 23 leaving. Merriweather wants to go than fine. I have a feeling Cam Williams is going to get major reps next year. He is a man amougts boys in high school. He already has a college body. It would be foolishness to see Braylon leave especially since Tyree is gone. He is in for major reps next year.

ND has what 23 players coming in, but do not have 23 leaving. Merriweather wants to go than fine. I have a feeling Cam Williams is going to get major reps next year. He is a man amougts boys in high school. He already has a college body. It would be foolishness to see Braylon leave especially since Tyree is gone. He is in for major reps next year.
Please hold off on the hype. We heard the same thing about Merriweather when he was coming in. Let's wait until they at least get on campus and get some reps in before we start hyping up a 17 year old high school kid like he's the next Jerry Rice.

Reactions: DublinND
Shouldn't start speculations or conspiracy theories, but...... :) Wonder if this had anything to do with Tyree's departure. I heard smoke that the players did not care for how Stuckey spoke to players.
Interesting, I had not heard that. I know he is a devout Christian in the Dabo mold, so that surprises me. I'm a life long teacher (University) so I know there is a real art to teaching. Not everyone has that gene.

I did notice that Styles 4* #18 WR, Colzie 4* #14 WR (was injured this year), but neither one showed real improvement last year -- and although our Freshmen were impressive this year, Thomas didn't show real improvement before his injury. I will trust our head coach on this one.

Please hold off on the hype. We heard the same thing about Merriweather when he was coming in. Let's wait until they at least get on campus and get some reps in before we start hyping up a 17 year old high school kid like he's the next Jerry Rice.
Merryweather might just be a question of a coach not reaching him about his need to be tougher. Kid does get separation as good as any one since Fuller (and damn, we really need that!) but he has yet to really show that killer instinct on contested catches. I predict he will under a new coach. (Hope I'm right!)

Reactions: NDinNJ
You always sweat losing talented players that can be difference makers. Those are the type of guys that get you over the hump that we haven't got over in 30 years. You need as many as those guys as possible

If you cant develop elite type talents, thats a coaching problem....see Chansi Stuckey

Tobias is not as good of a wr as those guys you mentioned right now. No doubt. That is why you hire coaches who can develop. It will be on the next guy to get the most out of guys like Braylon and Tobias
Dude your lost on this one. If I'm trying to keep the wr room viable Tobias and Cam are the last ones I'd worry about.

Merryweather might just be a question of a coach not reaching him about his need to be tougher. Kid does get separation as good as any one since Fuller (and damn, we really need that!) but he has yet to really show that killer instinct on contested catches. I predict he will under a new coach. (Hope I'm right!)
Ever watch him block? I think he’s tough. Or at least wants to be

Reactions: Golson5
Lol. Wow great response.

Basically your saying screw the guys that showed potential on the field for the guys that haven't.

You would lose any position group in a day
No I actually didnt say anything at all like that. You just made that up out of nowhere

I have heard Stuckey's dismissal had little to do with development and more about how he was giving preferential treatment to some WRs over others. Rumors were swirling of a mass exodus of the WRs because of this. Also heard his use of different personal during practice as opposed to games (guessing even in scripted plays). Makes me wonder if the 1st INT Harman threw in the Louisville game had been practiced and scripted to Tobis all week but Stuckey chose to play Rico. From what I have heard some of the things going on affected the WR room, SH and the total offense over all. Again this is just a rumor I heard so one can take it as they see fit.

Reactions: BGI User 756
No I actually didnt say anything at all like that. You just made that up out of nowhere
Moving the goal posts as always. You are the biggest fool on this forum. Keep changing the narrative to avoid having to admit being wrong. you are the biggest loser i've ever interacted with. 😂

Moving the goal posts as always. You are the biggest fool on this forum. Keep changing the narrative to avoid having to admit being wrong. you are the biggest loser i've ever interacted with. 😂
You say that about everyone. Who cares. Like I said before, come up with something original.

Is it Chase, IrishJohn, IrishMike, me etc etc.

Who cares

And I'll say it again, what he said, i never said anything like that, if I did, put it up here

This will be the 3rd WR coach in 4 seasons, and in a room constantly struggling with numbers, to have 2 guys enter the portal is not a good thing.

Some schools seem to routinely put out Biletnikoff Candidates. ND struggles to find WR who can catch 30 balls and go over 400 yards.

My guess would be Freeman is going to grab 2 guys out of the portal, to get the numbers right. When you watch football on Sunday,

I see Ben Skowronek doing work and playing snaps in LA. We could use 1 or 2 of him. He was a very productive receiver in the 2020 season. 29 catches 439 yards 15 avg and 5 TDs

What about Chad Savage at CSU? He has produced Two 1000 yard receivers and is the recruiting coordinator there. Which means he's a good recruiter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT