ADVERTISEMENT

CBS picks ND to make playoffs

I guess Palm doesn't figure Texas to be a challenge for the Irish.

I guess not. Last I looked we are replacing a bunch of starters, Texas has to be up for this game after last year's spanking, and it will probably be hot as can be, which can certainly play a role.

I guess Palm doesn't figure Texas to be a challenge for the Irish.

I do. My instincts tell me that this will be a challenge of biblical proportions. Coach Strong and his Longhorns are just not going to lay down and play dead in their house on national TV.

Reactions: 8th Man
I do. My instincts tell me that this will be a challenge of biblical proportions. Coach Strong and his Longhorns are just not going to lay down and play dead in their house on national TV.
i agree. huge game for them and their program going forward.

Texas has to learn how to win big games again. Hopefully ND is not the team they learn from. If should be a competitive game but ND will be the more confident team at crunch time. Because ND has won more big games in recent history.

Texas has to learn how to win big games again. Hopefully ND is not the team they learn from. If should be a competitive game but ND will be the more confident team at crunch time. Because ND has won more big games in recent history.

Beating Oklahoma last year was huge.

Texas is a very good and strong opponent for the Irish in game one. Yes, they should prevail, but they should prevail in every game because they simply have better players and the best coaching staff in the country.

Texas is a very good and strong opponent for the Irish in game one. Yes, they should prevail, but they should prevail in every game because they simply have better players and the best coaching staff in the country.

When did you become a Texas fan? Yay, if you have!!...
Reread your post....

I guess not. Last I looked we are replacing a bunch of starters, Texas has to be up for this game after last year's spanking, and it will probably be hot as can be, which can certainly play a role.

So you are predicting Texas to win?

Did your parents have any children that survived child birth? Because you are without a doubt the most miserable, whiny and useless SOB I have ever encountered. But at least you have that ND degree! That I am sure is filled out in crayon.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Did your parents have any children that survived child birth? Because you are without a doubt the most miserable, whiny and useless SOB I have ever encountered. But at least you have that ND degree! That I am sure is filled out in crayon.
Is it your suggestion that Texas beating Oklahoma last year wasn't a big win?

"Replacing starters" might be one of the most overstated/overrated concepts in college football. Programs that recruit/develop talent well don't "replace" or "lose" anything ... they simply substitute a veteran with a younger player that has equal amount of talent and then continue where they left off.

"Replacing starters" might be one of the most overstated/overrated concepts in college football. Programs that recruit/develop talent well don't "replace" or "lose" anything ... they simply substitute a veteran with a younger player that has equal amount of talent and then continue where they left off.

Talent is only part of the equation. You cannot just replace experience.

So you are predicting Texas to win?

No idea who will win. I just know ND is replacing a ton of talent, and I remember hearing something about teams showing their greatest improvement between the first and second games.

Was it? Or was it a 5-7 team pulling an upset in a rivalry game? I mean that never happens does it?

Oh wait!,Mack Brown did the exact same thing 2 years ago and got fired a month later. Since you obviously know nothing about college football.Let me clue you in. When you go 5-7 at UT. You have no "huge wins". You're just lucky to have your job. Especially when that 5-7 record was preceded by a 6-7 record.

The ND Football program is miles ahead of UT. And it's starts with the Head Coach.

Last edited:
Talent is only part of the equation. You cannot just replace experience.
True, but Kelly has shown that he can produce offense with the strengths of personal he has.
I don't worry about replacing experience on that side of the ball.
The defensive side is where I worry about experience/ person

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT