ADVERTISEMENT

CB coach possibility

jcswoopnh

ND Expert
Sep 7, 2017
Driskell and Loy have heard the name Christian Parker being thrown about. He works for the Packers as a defensive quality control guy. Obviously he's not a "big name" guy but they are hearing that he gets great reviews from people they trust. He was a previous analyst at ND and at A+M. He knows Lea and has worked for Elko

Driskell and Loy have heard the name Christian Parker being thrown about. He works for the Packers as a defensive quality control guy. Obviously he's not a "big name" guy but they are hearing that he gets great reviews from people they trust. He was a previous analyst at ND and at A+M. He knows Lea and has worked for Elko

Jeff Burris too is a possibility. He was the one Parker replaced at ND.

That conflicts with the reports I'm hearing.

It appears after the failures of Autry Denson and Todd Lyght that Kelly now holds the belief that there is an inverse relationship between coaching acumen and football abilities. This is in juxtaposition to his experiences as a coach and player obviously as with him there appears to be clear direct relationship.

As such he is using that logic to tab Thomas Rees as his offensive coordinator (pun intended) and the final candidates for the cornerback coach position are Clifford Jefferson and Preston Jackson.

Second interviews for them are at diner off of Highway 15 which happens to be co-owned by Chad Johnson and TJ houshmandzadeh.

Last edited:
All I care is that the guy they hire is a proven ace recruiter, or a young guy trying to make a name for himself that would be willing to grind heavily on the trail. Terry Joseph runs the show in the secondary. If the guy that comes in is a capable coach, and a dogged recruiter, I'm happy with that... Think Lance Taylor on defense.

All I care is that the guy they hire is a proven ace recruiter, or a young guy trying to make a name for himself that would be willing to grind heavily on the trail. Terry Joseph runs the show in the secondary. If the guy that comes in is a capable coach, and a dogged recruiter, I'm happy with that... Think Lance Taylor on defense.
A young black coach who kicks ass on the recruiting trail would be ok with me. He's only 28 and supposedly has all the goods to become a good/great coach. He's from Virginia which is a pretty good area to recruit from.

He is familiar with Clark Lea and apparently is great with recruits. I'm betting he's the hire at CBs.

A young black coach who kicks ass on the recruiting trail would be ok with me. He's only 28 and supposedly has all the goods to become a good/great coach. He's from Virginia which is a pretty good area to recruit from.

Agreed.

Correction: Age challenged African American

Speaking of assistant coaches. Does anyone know if BK has a "Get back" coach on the sidelines? I saw a small piece on the "Get back" coach in the NFL and it was pretty funny and interesting. Usually it's the strength coach I'm guessing.

There was the same exact sentiment from Irish Nation when TW was hired. Not 100% sure that translates. I'd have to talk to a prospect off the record to see if it is a factor.

Absolutely need a recruiter. That trumps anything else imo. ND has to recruit better or we’ll just have to have 9 wins seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT