ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Catching up with 2025 four-star QB Deuce Knight after visits, transfer

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with Notre Dame 2025 four-star quarterback target Deuce Knight on Sunday evening. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound quarterback visited the Irish earlier this week and also visited Ole Miss on Saturday.

Knight said the Irish made him feel welcomed during his campus tour, practice and individual meetings. Head coach Marcus Freeman, quarterbacks coach Gino Guidugli and offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Gerad Parker reassured him he's their No. 1 priority.

"They said they're not taking anybody until I'm ready," Knight told Inside ND Sports. "That's one thing I like about them ... Coach Gino and coach Freeman let me know I've been the guy ever since they offered me."

Thursday was Knight's first visit to campus with his mother. He said his mother really enjoyed her conversations with Freeman and recruiting coordinator Chad Bowden. Knight said family is very important in his decision and his mother said Notre Dame's the best university she's ever seen. Knight echoed the same sentiment.

"It's the best campus I have ever seen," Knight said. "They definitely made me feel at home. You can tell how successful they want to be. I noticed they were showing me different people, not even football players. I got to meet teachers in the Mendoza College of Business and Chad put me on FaceTime with Tom Mendoza. They definitely want you to be successful after football. I will do that right there."

Knight said his Ole Miss visit went well and said he feels like head coach Lane Kiffin and the Rebels' staff is very like-minded to himself.

Before he makes a decision, Knight plans on waiting to watch his top schools this season.

"That's a big thing," Knight said. "I want to see how Sam [Hartman] plays, how they respond to all the adversity they might have and see how coach Gino coach them up when they mistakes."

Knight is also transferring to Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb Academy for his junior season.

Keep in mind, Knight told @Adam Gorney at OT7 Nationals in June that Tennessee and Notre Dame had separated themselves as his top two schools. This moves puts him closer to the Volunteers and head coach Josh Huepel.

“I’m very excited to prove why I’m one of the best in the nation," Knight said on the move.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News