ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Martinez

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Would be a huge steal! He could play either side of the ball... But really fill a need at CB. OSU likes him.

(*I really hope this doesn't somehow start a new round of petty bickering. I'm sick of it. I know a lot of you guys are too.)

Anyone have any intel?

Jeff Hafley leaving helped, and I know ND is pushing hard for him, but I think he stays with OSU. Would be a great get, but very small outside shot at him. Minnesota has a better chance.

Reactions: Classic Irish
I'm pretty sure Cam Martinez played some DB his frosh and soph years of high school for smaller DIV 8 school and played zero DB his Jr and Sr years at easily one of the biggest programs in the state. He is an exceptional athlete and played QB who was easily a better runner than thrower. He is going to be a project at DB for any school that gets him. He could end up very good given his athleticism but has little experience against top level talent. High ceiling but no guarantees.

My first thought was that 5 CBs in one class is a lot. Then I remembered that 1 or 2 will get moved to safety.

It feels like we are addressing past misses in recruiting with numbers in one class hoping we get some lightning in a bottle. CB recruiting has been weak since 2016 when we signed Love, Pride and Vaughn plus Elliott at safety.

My first thought was that 5 CBs in one class is a lot. Then I remembered that 1 or 2 will get moved to safety.

It feels like we are addressing past misses in recruiting with numbers in one class hoping we get some lightning in a bottle. CB recruiting has been weak since 2016 when we signed Love, Pride and Vaughn plus Elliott at safety.

The problem is when you get that many in one class and not all are sure fire hits the numbers can work against the next years recruiting the position. The misses in the past really suck

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT