ADVERTISEMENT

Call Dave Aranda Now!

With Les Miles out at LSU, call Dave Aranda and pay him whatever you have to... the guy is an up-and-coming star, similar to the way Diaco was when Kelly brought him to South Bend.

Aranda would be my first choice for a DC.

I think the coaching world knows Kelly is on the hot seat and no top coach will want to join that hot seat. He would be a great pick though.

Reactions: perseverare
I posted the same earlier.....I like his progression if you look at his defenses from Hawaii to Wisconsin. From high 80's to top 10 consistently......be a great hire.....Again, Greg might be good, no disrespect but his resume at Purdue doesn't look top 10.

Reactions: Bodizephax
With Les Miles out at LSU, call Dave Aranda and pay him whatever you have to... the guy is an up-and-coming star, similar to the way Diaco was when Kelly brought him to South Bend.

A million times this.

Was the first name I said when ND started the season with BVG still at ND.

Sounds good with one minor exception. He has a lot more talent to work with at LSU than he'll ever get at ND. I know coaching is important. But if you don't have the horses coaching can only get you so far.

He built the defense at Wisconsin and Utah State. This was his only year at OSU, coming over from the badgers.

He built the defense at Wisconsin and Utah State. This was his only year at OSU, coming over from the badgers.

Well anything is better at this point. I have been reading a lot of different things. However, one thing seems be said over and over. Kelly is out at years end. I don't know if it's just internet fodder or blather. But there are some stating Swarbrick gave to word to fire Van Gorder and Kelly is done at seasons end. If it's true, it is really remarkable considering he just signed a 5 year extension. I think those who give to the university might have a hand in things and said enough is enough. Of course this is speculation but it does make matters that much more curious.

Reactions: jfkLancer
I'm all for Aranda, but stop there bring in Corey Raymond too. Maybe you could draw some of high end guys out of Texas and Louisiana.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Well anything is better at this point. I have been reading a lot of different things. However, one thing seems be said over and over. Kelly is out at years end. I don't know if it's just internet fodder or blather. But there are some stating Swarbrick gave to word to fire Van Gorder and Kelly is done at seasons end. If it's true, it is really remarkable considering he just signed a 5 year extension. I think those who give to the university might have a hand in things and said enough is enough. Of course this is speculation but it does make matters that much more curious.

Hope your right. Can't watch how poorly coached this ND team is anymore. BK is not a good college coach. He makes too many in game blunders and many times does not have the whole team (special teams, Offense, and of course defense) ready to play. He has made way too many coaching blunders in too many games. If it were in just 1 or 2 games - I'd give him a mulligan. But his very first season vs, Tulsa I could of sworn that was CW making that play call at the end of the game and then his CW type of comment after that game - really - is this really happening ?

David Shaw, Danatonio, Harbough, Saban, Herman, Pedersen, Petrino. Patterson. Meyer, etc. Their are many more - do not have obvious coaching blunders like BK has at least 2 or 3 times per season - The ones listed may of had 1 or 2 in their entire careers.

And to top things off - The way he throws his players under the bus - his sideline demeanor -it is pathetic. I'm done watching him be a buffoon. I will root for the players - it is not their fault they have a weak head coach.

Hey IB, remember when you said you'd save my post from the summer that expected Kelly to go 8-4 again this year?

You were so cocky thinking ND would go 12-0 or whatever.

Wrong IB - have never said ND was going to go 12 and 0 this year ?

Last week I stated Duke would win by 3 pts. That Cutliffe would outcoach BK and the Duke players would play with more emotion and a sense of urgency the "entire game" than ND would.

I think the coaching world knows Kelly is on the hot seat and no top coach will want to join that hot seat. He would be a great pick though.

Maybe he would come in hopes that Kelly moves on in a year or two and he gets promoted...

I don't see any way ND gets Aranada. His salary from Wisconsin to LSU was nearly tripled and makes over a million a year. Does anybody honestly think ND is going to pay that much for a coordinator? Besides, this guy runs the 3-4 and probably becomes a head coach in a year or two.

Hey IB, remember when you said you'd save my post from the summer that expected Kelly to go 8-4 again this year?

You were so cocky thinking ND would go 12-0 or whatever.

Find a post where I said ND would go 12-0. I'll wait here

My prediction was that ND would regress to about a 9 win team with 10 wins being the ceiling.

But keep pumping yourself up if it makes you feel better

What has to happen and will not happen is the road whereby all these coaches Kelly brings in from his comfortable past has to be shut down. Kelly 'continually' surrounds himself with stinkin thinking from his past to stay in his comfort zone and to protect himself with guarenteed loyalty.

the one mind therefore one coach mindset has to end. Jack needs to widen the options in coach searches.

I posted the same earlier.....I like his progression if you look at his defenses from Hawaii to Wisconsin. From high 80's to top 10 consistently......be a great hire.....Again, Greg might be good, no disrespect but his resume at Purdue doesn't look top 10.

It's hard to look good with the talent they have at Purdue. ND has to be a talent upgrade for this guy.

And to top things off - The way he throws his players under the bus - his sideline demeanor -it is pathetic. I'm done watching him be a buffoon.

Until this year, I thought his demeanor had improved greatly from the temper tantrum he threw during the South Florida game. But he is losing it bit by bit every week.

And I do recall that the majority of this board supported his outburst during 2011, saying the players were pussies if they couldn't take a little tough love.

My point at that time was other coaches certainly did their share of yelling and screaming, but the good ones typically did it in practice, not in the heat of battle when calm leadership is a plus.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
^ there are tantrums and then there are tantrums!

being frustrated or putting a stern message to a player is not the same as losing self control; Kelly's outburst border on the later!

And to top things off - The way he throws his players under the bus - his sideline demeanor -it is pathetic. I'm done watching him be a buffoon.

Until this year, I thought his demeanor had improved greatly from the temper tantrum he threw during the South Florida game. But he is losing it bit by bit every week.

And I do recall that the majority of this board supported his outburst during 2011, saying the players were pussies if they couldn't take a little tough love.

My point at that time was other coaches certainly did their share of yelling and screaming, but the good ones typically did it in practice, not in the heat of battle when calm leadership is a plus.

HDK - I agree w/ what you say - Saban has been known to flip a lid sometimes - and for the most part I was somewhat ok when BK did it - but, just his facial expressions sometimes the way he stares down his players, etc. - and the way he easily throws them under the bus w/ the press starting w/ Manti and his group from early on as a coach - etc. To now - the way he did in that last Press conference. IMO he has lost the team and I could see it during that Mich State game.

I knew Duke was gonna be tight game - Cutliffe is a great coach - his redshirt freshmen QB w/ 5 career starts made ND look like a MAC football team.

And I agree in that BK did improve his sideline demeanor from when he went ballistic a few years ago - but, a leopard cant change his spots - you are who you are - BK does not have the Charisma - The humility - The ability to see the forest through the tree's - etc. to be a Great Leader of young men - he has been a bully type coach his entire career and it worked at GVS and Cincy (W/ Danatonio's players who learned how to play tough football from him not BK and BK was able to ride those players to a great season).

It's time for change - ND deserves better.

It's hard to look good with the talent they have at Purdue. ND has to be a talent upgrade for this guy.

Agree but the big ten is mainly run and Purdue is bad and the b10 usually is low scoring. so 80's seems a bit high but again I don't know the man and the circumstances. Talent changes lots.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT