ADVERTISEMENT

C Klein no longer a candidate

Good. As I just got through typing in another thread, why would we want a K-State Tommy Rees? Because we totally want overly young, inexperienced OCs at ND, and that's just like a job requirement, and a top criteria?

They must have read my post. Because I don't figure we should do that, I'm glad we're moving on. We'll get some guy in his 40s who's ready to dominate....

Reactions: Kelso86
Did some digging. Klein was offered the job. He declined. Had a change of heart. So our top candidate turned us down.

My concern was that in his era, when KSU got behind the announcers would remark this offense is not built to score quickly.

That being said, why on earth would it matter how strong of an arm is on your offensive coordinator?

Yeah, appears he was offered actually

He was NEVER offered the job. It's called spin and click bait.

Just look at the posts about this stuff on this board. People are eating this up.

The guy has a zoom. Flies in for the first interview (of many scheduled interviews) and leaves knowing this isn't a job he wants or will be offered. Que spin

Reactions: sjb75
That's inaccurate
For the record, I personally don't care if he did or didn't, was or wasn't offered, etc. Makes ZERO difference to me. But you all that keep saying "he wasn't" crack me up. So every single news outlet is "fake news" or "clickbait?"

Heather Dinich of ESPN was first to report Friday morning that Klein declined an offer from the school in South Bend, IND, to remain at his alma mater.

Arne Green, Topeka Capital-Journal reported Klein, Kansas State's first-year offensive coordinator, reportedly has turned down a lucrative offer to take a similar position at Notre Dame and will remain on Chris Klieman's staff.

KELLIS ROBINETT, Wichita Eagle, reported Collin Klein has decided to remain with the Wildcats after interviewing with Notre Dame earlier this week, according to sources with knowledge of his plans. The sources said Klein seriously considered leaving and accepting a substantial raise to begin calling offensive plays for the Fighting Irish. At one point, he may have even been leaning toward taking the job. But after returning home from a formal interview in South Bend, Indiana, and weighing all of his options, the pull of home was too strong for him to leave.

Yahoo Sports, Blue/Gold, On3, USA Today, etc., that all ran the story, are all wrong and were fooled themselves?

OK........

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
For the record, I personally don't care if he did or didn't, was or wasn't offered, etc. Makes ZERO difference to me. But you all that keep saying "he wasn't" crack me up. So every single news outlet is "fake news" or "clickbait?"

Heather Dinich of ESPN was first to report Friday morning that Klein declined an offer from the school in South Bend, IND, to remain at his alma mater.

Arne Green, Topeka Capital-Journal reported Klein, Kansas State's first-year offensive coordinator, reportedly has turned down a lucrative offer to take a similar position at Notre Dame and will remain on Chris Klieman's staff.

KELLIS ROBINETT, Wichita Eagle, reported Collin Klein has decided to remain with the Wildcats after interviewing with Notre Dame earlier this week, according to sources with knowledge of his plans. The sources said Klein seriously considered leaving and accepting a substantial raise to begin calling offensive plays for the Fighting Irish. At one point, he may have even been leaning toward taking the job. But after returning home from a formal interview in South Bend, Indiana, and weighing all of his options, the pull of home was too strong for him to leave.

Yahoo Sports, Blue/Gold, On3, USA Today, etc., that all ran the story, are all wrong and were fooled themselves?

OK........
Well it can still be clickbait even if a source as comparatively steadfast as ESPN reports it. But your point is nonetheless well taken. It could also be true, as these sources seem to be suggesting in these quick little news bulletins, that Klein was indeed offered the job and could have accepted it. Because that much seems to be the case, that these outlets are reporting exactly that, factual or not. But it's not like the mainstream media is some paragon of reliable reportage....

Clickbait is clickbait if you click right onto it, and you can't resist and you want to see....

OK........
Inaccurate reporting. Probably used the first persons report and ran with it

If there was an offer made and rejected, it's an indictment as to how far the football program at Notre Dame has fallen.

No matter the reason for declining.

Anyone takes a new job for increase in pay or potential advancement opportunities.

He thought it was better to stay at K State if this is true.

Notre Dame should always be a top 10 program. You're dreaming if you think they're going to compete for championships in the near future but should be able to lure coaches away from meddling big12 or pac8 programs.

When coaches pass on 300-600k to stay at a smaller school who likely has less restrictions on it's football program it's time for this fan base to wake up.

Conjecture, Hyperbole, and a bit of sarcasm aside.. WOW

If there was an offer made and rejected, it's an indictment as to how far the football program at Notre Dame has fallen.

No matter the reason for declining.

Anyone takes a new job for increase in pay or potential advancement opportunities.

He thought it was better to stay at K State if this is true.

Notre Dame should always be a top 10 program. You're dreaming if you think they're going to compete for championships in the near future but should be able to lure coaches away from meddling big12 or pac8 programs.

When coaches pass on 300-600k to stay at a smaller school who likely has less restrictions on it's football program it's time for this fan base to wake up.

Conjecture, Hyperbole, and a bit of sarcasm aside.. WOW
End of the day, no one knows definitively for certain if an offer was made or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT