ADVERTISEMENT

BVG's dismissal from fan's perspective

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
First the issue was strictly viewed from a football perspective. The defense was not performing to a satisfactory level.

Second, only the most naive or otherwise biased fan fails to recognize that BVG was NOT the sole fault for the teams defensive failures. The entire staff AND that includes BK, head coach, share the blame for BVG's firing. Something had to be done and he paid the price for a 'staff failure'.

Thirdly, best of wishes to BVG and his family going forward. Thank you for your passion and efforts while the DC at ND. God Bless.

First the issue was strictly viewed from a football perspective. The defense was not performing to a satisfactory level.

Second, only the most naive or otherwise biased fan fails to recognize that BVG was NOT the sole fault for the teams defensive failures. The entire staff AND that includes BK, head coach, share the blame for BVG's firing. Something had to be done and he paid the price for a 'staff failure'.

Thirdly, best of wishes to BVG and his family going forward. Thank you for your passion and efforts while the DC at ND. God Bless.
Very true - BVG will certainly get another shot in the NFL.

I amusing his son stays on the team? Not that Kelly would remove him but because BVG's son wants to stay on.

Pers---One of your BEST posts!!! I know deep down a change was needed, I do feel for him, his son & family......an odd situation.

BEAT da oranges!!!

I amusing his son stays on the team? Not that Kelly would remove him but because BVG's son wants to stay on.
MVG was a highlight in the Blue-Gold game - I was hoping he would get some PT while BW gains an extra year. Hopefully he gets to pull a fake FG and throws or runs one into the end zone.

BVG will land on his feet. I feel for his son because he heard the chants Sat. at the game. That has got to be a terrible thing to hear your classmates chanting to firer your father. And then to show up at practice the next day like nothing has happened. Tough spot for the kid.

I don't think many people had issues with BVG on a personal level. Some situations just don't work out like we'd like them to. I wish him the best.

Reactions: cgvr
BVG will land on his feet. I feel for his son because he heard the chants Sat. at the game. That has got to be a terrible thing to hear your classmates chanting to firer your father. And then to show up at practice the next day like nothing has happened. Tough spot for the kid.
That was the point I tried to make earlier - the pressure to perform with that swirling around ....... hopefully the student body gives him a lift up in class and his team on the field.

Yes and no. No to the part that while he might be doing schemes it's still his product out there. I.e. tackling, coverage, all the worst in the country.

It's not like it's 3 weeks of BVG. It's 3.+ years..

He is a lousy coach, manager, coordinator, etc.

That said I wish no ill will on anyone personally and their family. I say take some time off....throw your ****ing playbook away and start over or start something new.

Have a great day.

While the defense is certainly very poor and BVG was the DC, I think that firing BVG may have been more symbolic than beneficial ? The Buck stops at the top ! Kelly had 3 years to correct the defense,
he did nothing. Any head coach who allows a DC who is underperforming for 3 years, is not a very good
head coach!
The Offense may still be good enough , talent wise , to keep us most games and win a number of them,
but the ral change must be hiring a new head coach !

While the defense is certainly very poor and BVG was the DC, I think that firing BVG may have been more symbolic than beneficial ? The Buck stops at the top ! Kelly had 3 years to correct the defense,
he did nothing. Any head coach who allows a DC who is underperforming for 3 years, is not a very good
head coach!
The Offense may still be good enough , talent wise , to keep us most games and win a number of them,
but the ral change must be hiring a new head coach !

Spot on RGC7 - Spot on !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT