ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Elliot's 12 team playoff projection after week 5 (ND#10 vs Tennessee#7 in Round 1)

iowa state has the easiest schedule ever, but I expect them to lose in the conference championship at minimum
Ya i think this playoff projection takes into account the quality of teams remaining on the schedule.

We still have a long way to go, so this bracket is just a fun piece of content to theorize with, but I don't like NDs chances of making it to the final 4 if they have to get through Tennessee & Texas.

I believe they have the “sugar bowl” tag in the wrong place. The Sugar Bowl would be neutral site, 2 seed vs winner of 7/10 game in the 2nd round.
I think i just misinterpreted what the infograph was showing, thanks for the correction, i'll edit/update the title.

Ya i think this playoff projection takes into account the quality of teams remaining on the schedule.

We still have a long way to go, so this bracket is just a fun piece of content to theorize with, but I don't like NDs chances of making it to the final 4 if they have to get through Tennessee & Texas.
Do you think we can handle Tenn?

Do you think we can handle Tenn?
I think it would be close, but as of week 5 2024, i'd take Tennessee in a 1-possession type of game. This opinion could change based on the performance of these teams over the course of the season though.

I don't think ND would have any chance vs Texas

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
Won't happen. They'd swap ND with either Clemson or Penn State. Wouldn't want a Clemson Miami rematch in the qtrs. Seeding will not be a straight rankings seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT